042. Good Idea.

IN THE vehicle, Josie and Pope kept passing the joint back and forth when John B suddenly comes running. "Kie! Start the car! Start the car, Kie!" He comes running to the door. "What? John B?" Kie looks back as the boy hops in. "What did you do?" Josie asked.

"Go! Go! Go!" John B kept ushering the girl. "Kie, drive! Go!" JJ shouts, "I'm going! I'm sorry!" Kie shouts as he drives off and Plumb was at John B's side of the car. "What did you do?" Kie asked worriedly as Pope looks at John B. "Open it." He says as the officer shouts at them to pull over. Once she got off the car, they drove mostly in silence, not saying a word.

The next day, because the cops are after John B, they had to go into hiding, which meant they couldn't go back to the Chateau. "Good news for residents of Outer Banks. Dominion Power says their underwater transmission line, which will restore power to 90% of the area should be functional within 24 hours. And still, no arrest in the shooting death of Sheriff Susan Peterkin. The state police have issued a statement regarding a local person of interest, a juvenile from--" The radio switched off suddenly and Josie looked at Kie in the front with Pope.

"Let's game this out. Maybe you guys can help, being the smart ones and all, but... who are the cops going to believe? Ward Cameron or us?" JJ asked them and Josie sighs, leaning against thw window. "So the accuser is a bigshot developer, kind of lord of the island, got the governer on speed dial kind of person, and the accused... is John B, who is pretty much a homeless 16-year-old boy at the moment."

"Thanks." John B merely says to the boy sitting beside him. "Shit." Pope says, rubbing his face. "Okay, man. Yucatan, alright? I'm saying that's the only option. What other option do you have?" JJ says, looking at the other. "Enough with the Mexico bullshit. Alright? Sarah's gonna bail me out." John B explains to him.

"She did witness the whole thing." Kie says and Josie nods. "Thank you." John B says and Josie sits up straight. "And she's gonna snitch on her brother?" Pope glanced back at them. "Not happening, bro. Okay? We've gotta get you orf the island." JJ tells the boy.

"The ferry. It's the only way." Josie says as she glanced back at JJ. "Yeah. Exit stage left while you still can." The blond boy said, looking to the front. "Before the entire island is on lockdown." He says as sirens get closer. "Guys, just get down." Kie tells them as she slumps down. "Sarah's not a Pogue, John B." Josie says as she looks back at the boy.

"Yeah. You can't stay here, man."

When they arrive to the ferry, Pope got out and returned to the car. "Okay." He says, walking over to them. "Pope, can you act normal?" Kie asked him immediately. "So, um... okay, so, bad news." Pope says, walking up to the driver's side door and the others glance over at him. John B was laying down behind Kie as Josie and JJ sat side by side in the middle and behind the driver seat. "The ferry's closed, and there is this." He held out a paper to Kie.

She quickly takes it as he then gets back into the car. Kie's eyes widen as she holds up the paper to Josie and JJ. "What is that? What is this?" John B asked quickly as Josie takes it. "Well, John B, uh... this is a good framer of you." JJ said as Josie shows him.

"Okay, so the whole island's lookin' for John B right now." Pope says as Kie looks at him. "That's a lot of money." She says. "Congratulations, John B. You're famous..." Josie says, staring at the paper before handing it over to John B. "Guys, we got to get to the HMS. We need small, no running lights--" "It's at the Chateau, Kie." John B cut off the girl.

"And I wonder if the cops got the entire place staked out. Let me think. Oh, yeah. No. They definitely have that place locked down." JJ says as Josie sighed. "Yeah, copy that..." Kie says, annoyed as she looks ahead. "Let me think. Just give me a second." Pope repeated to them. "JJ." He suddenly turns around.