024. Matching.

JUST AS she thought, her mom was angry. "How can I just go and say it was you that caused the fire?! That would be embarrassing!" Helena Forbes' voice raised as she paced back and forth with her hands on her hips in front of her daughter sitting on the couch.

"Just say it was someone's cigarette or something. I don't care, just don't say it was my friends, please, mom..." She said as she looked up and saw her mom's face just look more angry than before. She glanced to her dad for help and the man just sighed quietly.

"Honey, we haven't even listened to her side of the story, we just heard what Nova had to say about it." Fred says and Josie glanced to her mom who just crossed her arms, sitting down. "Go on." She said and Josie sighs. "Topper, Kelce and Rafe attacked my friends... It wasn't them who provoked them, okay? I was just trying to help without getting hurt. Would you rather I fought them off Pope and JJ?" She says and Helena gave a furious look.

"That still doesn't justify you ruining our summer movie s--" "Mom... I-I know I was the one to snitch on Josie, but she honestly just cares so much... She didn't wanna ruin your night, you were happy about hosting it. And she also didn't wanna stand idly by while her best friends were getting beat up. She does so much to make you guys happy and protect her friends... She's like me." Nova sighed softly.

"You have a point, Joey... But she needs to be disciplined either way." Helena said before getting up, taking the car keys off the coffee table. Along with Josie's phone beside it. "No more car. No more phone. And I'll be taking your laptop away as well." She says.

Josie glanced down, sighing before she stood up. "It was worth it..." She walked off, muttering it under her breath. And then the next day, her mom was setting out a dress, accessories and such for her for Midsummers. A pink silk dress with a white flower crown.

"This is to match with Kiara, right?" Helena asked as she hung the dress up onto the back of the girl's bedroom door. "Yeah..." Josie replied quietly as she is sitting in front of her vanity desk, doing her make up.

Some concealer under her eyes to hide her eye bags, some eyeliner and mascara along with some nude lipgloss. That was the only make up that she liked wearing. "We picked out the dresses together." She said before she stood up, walking over to the dress.

"Okay, well get ready." Her mother said, stepping into a white floral dress which she now zips up for her before turning to her dress to put it on. Her mom zips up her dress, "come on. I'll do your hair and you'll do mine." The woman said happily as she walks towards the vanity desk, sitting down and Josie walks over.

She decided on just curling her mom's hair and added the woman's flower crown which was pink and faded into white in some parts. When she was done, her mom gasped softly. "You did amazing, sweetie. I'm gonna go get some water and I'll be back to do your hair, alright?" She said and Josie just nods her head.

"Can you bring me some too?"

When her mom nods softly and whispers a small of course, Josie sat down and sighed. She grabs her phone off the desk and saw Kie had texted her a couple of times. Total bullshit we can't go together to the Midsummers. She stared at her screen and smiled faintly.

Yeah, unfortunately her parents told her she couldn't ride with Kie to the event and Kie ended up having to go with her parents too, both couples thought it'd be better that way, that they'd both show united fronts.

Yeah, it sucks. We don't even like Midsummers but we had plans to go together. Josie responded with and closed her phone, clutching it before setting it down onto the desk. She waits for whichever came first, her mom with their water or Kie's text message. Her phone buzzed and she quickly grabbed it, smiling.

Yeah... makes going lame but at least we'll see each other there. Right? :) The smiley face makes Josie smile more and blush. Yeah, of course. :) I'll see you there, Kie. She pressed send and set down her phone.

Her mom comes back, holding two glasses of water and smiling softly. "What's making you smile and blush so much?" Helena chuckled as she walks up to Josie's desk, setting down the two glass cups. "Nothing..." Josie said and forced a smile before looking down.

She takes a sip from her water as Helena stared at her, growing concerned. She works with Josie's beach waves, making two braids to connect behind Josie's hair before putting the flower crown on her daughter. "There. You're so gorgeous, Josephine..." She smiled and leaned down, side-hugging Josie.

"Thanks, mom..."

At Midsummers, she isn't surprised that the first people her parents greeted were the Camerons. "You look gorgeous, Sarah." Nova smiled at his best friend who simply twirls and giggled, "come on. We have a lot to talk about." She said and grabbed Nova's hand, leading her off. Josie watched them then rolled her eyes when she noticed Rafe looking at her.

Bellamy clears her throat suddenly, "it was nice to see you again, Mr. and Mrs. Cameron, now I'm gonna go check out the bar." She said and walked off with her girlfriend, both of them were wearing pant suits and Josie was quite jealous, wishing she didn't have to wear a dress.

"I'm gonna go look for Kie, mom..." Josie whispers to her mom who just nods. "Bye Ward, bye Rose." She waves and they both send friendly smiles and waves as she looked at Rafe now. "Bye..." She said quite blankly before walking off in search of Kie.

Then there she was, walking in with her parents. Wearing a silk lilac dress similar to her soft pink dress. She approached them, smiling, "hi!" She greets them. "Hi Jo! You look gorgeous!" Anna compliments her and she chuckles, gesturing to Kie's mom. "You look amazing too, Mrs. Carrera, and you too, Mr. Carrera. Mind if I steal your daughter away?" She gestured to Kie and they both smiles, "go ahead." They tell her and Josie smiles at Kie.

"Milady?"

"Oh, sure, milady."

AUTHORS NOTE
it's gonna hurt like a bitch when josie's like "wow me and kie are working out so well so far :)" then be like "oh :(" when kie kisses pope lmao i love angst so much 😩‼️