023. Bad Idea.

AS JOSIE approached the boys and Kie, she senses there's tension amongst them as Kie looks up. "Hey... Josie and Nova..." She says and Josie gestures to the empty chair beside JJ. "You can sit there... I'll sit with Kie." She says and Nova sighs, sitting down.

Josie sits beside Kie, crossing her legs. "Here," Kiara hands over the Pepsi and Josie takes it. "Thanks." She smiles and Kie looks at her, a serious look on her face. "JJ brought a gun." She whispered and Josie immediately looks over at the boy who's sipping his Pepsi, staring off in the distance with a slight glare.

"What the fuck?" She whispered as she looked back at Kie who nods. "There's something going off with them and Topper and Rafe and the others... I feel like coming here was a bad idea." She whispered and sighed. Josie just scoffed softly, looking down and Nova looks at her. "You okay?" He whispers to her.

"Yeah... yeah." She immediately said, opening her can of soda and took a sip from it. So much for supporting her mom and keeping her happy for today. Only God knows what's gonna go down tonight. The first movie plays and the group of four were all quiet now.

Eventually nightfall came and it was dark outside, making seeing the screen playing the movies better. "Hey, do you want some?" Josie whispered, holding up a package of strawberries to Kie who nods, taking one.

Josie immediately looked over when Pope and JJ got up. "Hey, where ya'll going?" Kie asked before she could. "We gotta wring it out." JJ says making Josie grimace. "You gonna hold it for each other?" Kie says, glancing at Josie who just shook her head, rolling her eyes as Nova stifles a chuckle, covering his mouth.

"Classy..." He whispered and Josie sends her twin brother a glare before looking back at the tv. However, she keeps glancing at the two boys rushing off to the trees before looking at Nova who's eyes are intently on the screen, watching the movie. Josie glanced over again to see Rafe walking towards where they went off making her sigh, leaning closer to Kie.

"The boys are definitely in trouble..."

Josie looked around, wondering if they were fighting before she got up. "Fuck it. Let's go help them..." She said quietly to Kie, grabbing JJ's backpack where she knows JJ's gun was. Kie was quick to follow the girl.

They run up to the fight, Topper was fighting with Pope as Kelce was holding JJ and Rafe was punching him. "Let go of him, Topper! Fascist asshole!" Kie said, hitting Topper who immediately turns to her, shoving her away. Josie rushed to Kie's side right away, "you okay?" She asked and Kie immediately got up, rushing over to help Pope once more.

Josie looked over at JJ still being hit. "Hey, listen, Pope. All you gotta do..." Topper said as Kie jumped on him, yelling at him to stop and Josie was panicking on the inside when Nova came running to her side, "what the fuck is going on?" Her brother whispered to her.

As the Kooks and Pogues yelled at one another back and forth, an idea crosses Josie's mind before opening up the backpack. She stared at the gun for a moment then heard Kie shout. "Let go of me, Rafe!" She was thrown to the ground and Josie immediately fumed. She didn't wanna touch the gun because she didn't like them, so she did the next best thing.

She lit the screen on fire. Yep, she grabbed the lighter from one of the pockets of JJ's backpack and held the little flame on the material. "What? Josie, are you insane?!" Nova whisper yells. "They're hurting my friends." Josie said back in a firm tone as the screen now lights on fire and she backed away, watching it.

The crowd clamoured as they all got up to leave as Rafe turns around, seeing Josie stand there, looking over at them. "Guys! Fire!" Rafe says and Josie glared. "Get off of him!" Kie yelled at Topper who got off Pope.

"Kelce, let go of JJ!" Josie shouts and Kelce did so, the blond stumbling towards Pope and Kie. The Kooks rush off as Josie turns to them, "you guys okay?" She asked them.

"You're a fricking idiot." Pope said, putting his arm around Kie who was helping him up. "But I saved your asses." Josie retorts back as JJ takes his backpack. "Damn right you did... let's get out of here before your mother dearest finds out it was her daughter." JJ laughed, putting his arm around Josie's neck and Josie rolled her eyes but walked with them anyway.

Nova had gone off to tell their mom the whole thing as Josie, Kie and the boys approached her vehicle. "Guys, my brother watched me light the screen on fire... He's so telling my mom and my mom's so grounding me." She said as she began the ride home, JJ was rubbing his arm while he sat in the passenger seat.

"Well, then just say it was me. It was my lighter anyway, right?" JJ says and Josie sighs, coming to a stop at JJ's place. "Goodnight, J." She says and JJ hops out, adjusting his hat. "It was a hell of a night, Josie. Enjoyed it... so much." He said before turning around, closing the door and Pope quickly got out. "I'll get out here... see you guys." He waved at them.

Kie sighed, moving up to the passenger seat before Josie drove off. "Do you have any idea what any of that was about, Kie?" She asked and Kiara shook her head softly. "They didn't wanna say anything to me." She sighs and Josie sighs, adjusting her necklaces.

"Are you okay though? Y-You're not hurt?" She looked at Kie who's staring straight ahead. "No... no, I'm fine." She chuckles softly and Josie nods. That's good... "How is that good?" Kie laughed softly as she looks at Josie who's face turns red and her eyes widen a bit. She said it out loud. "Um... b-because, you know... I didn't want you to get hurt." She says as she shrugs and Kie giggled, tilting her head.

"You love me." She reached out and poked Josie's face making the girl just look away, smiling softly before looking back at the road quickly. "Of course, I do, Kie..." She said then her stomach twists into knots. "You're my best friend." She quickly says, glancing over at the girl who's staring intently at her.

"Y-Yeah. I love you too, Jo..."

AUTHORS NOTE
can't wait for the midsummers, it was like one of my favourite episodes :))