016. The Bonfire.

IN THE morning, Josie took a shower when she got woken up by Kie's alarm and once she got out, Kie rushed in to hop in after her. She looked through the kitchen for whatever was possible to eat for breakfast, but didn't find anything so she sighed and walked over to the couch, picking up her school backpack.

"Boys!" She clapped her hands loudly and none of them moved. "Hey!" She said more louder right as Kie walked out, holding her bag. "We have to go to school, guys!" She said and shook their shoulders one by one. "You have a geomtry test in 30 minutes." At that, Pope quickly got up to get changed and grab his backpack and then she had to force JJ up.

"JJ! Hey!" She shook his shoulder harder. "Is he alive?" She asked and John B glanced over, sitting up at the end of the bed. "I don't know." He's tiredly slurring his words. "Come on, guys, get ready, we got to go." She ushered the boys towards the door with Pope's help. "Um... I will meet up with you guys later." Kie tells them as Josie stopped beside her.

"Okay... I'll see you later." She leaned in and pecked Kie's cheek, smiling softly before ushering JJ out the door who's now eating left over pizza. "Ew, J..." She said and grabbed the van keys from John B. "Thank you." She says and hopped into the driver's side as Pope got the boys into the back of the van.

Pope glanced back right as Josie stopped the van, parking and it flung JJ forward. "Jesus!" She said and sighed, looking at Pope. "Please make sure they get to class safely. I'll see you guys after." She said and Pope nods. "Take care of the Twinkie." He says as he helped John B and JJ out of the van. Josie drove off and arrived at the Kook academy, sighing.

Thankfully she hadn't drank that much the day before and arrived to school on time, surprisingly. "There she is. My only favourite since I moved here." An arm swung over her shoulders and she looks to her side. "Hi River." She smiles faintly as they walked to class.

"How have you been holding up without me? I've been so busy lately." She says and River shrugs. "I made some friends so I'm okay." She's grinning and Josie chuckles, clutching her backpack straps as they enter their class.

Later in the afternoon, Josie left school earlier since her last class of the day was a free period. "Hey!" She looked over right as she approached the van to see River. "Hey." She says and River sighs. "Wanna smoke some weed? Jesus, who's piece of shit is this?" She pointed behind Josie who furrows her brows.

"My friend's..." She says and River covers her
mouth. "Sorry." She whispers and Josie shook her head. "It's fine, but never disrespect the Twinkie again." She pats the front of the van and River chuckled softly. "Sorry... are you busy, then?" She asked the girl curiously who just nods. "Yes... kind of. I'm sorry, but I'll see you tomorrow." She smiled.

"I'll see you at the bonfire actually."

"Bonfire? Oh, fuck, I forgot that was today... my girlfriend did say she was invited." She sighs as she crossed her arms and River raised her brows. "Oh... girlfriend?" She said and Josie just nods. "Yeah... it-it actually happened recently. Uh, anyway, I gotta go pick up my friends but I'll see you tonight for sure!" She nods before she got into the driver's side.

"Yeah, see you tonight..."

After picking them up, Josie drove them home where they sat out on the porch of the Chateau together, drinking beers. "Guys, this is from Denmark's diary. August 15th, set sail from Port-au-Prince on calm seas. Came upon the Spanish ship San Jose on fire. The entire deck was aflame. And we could hear the screams of men trapped below. The Spanish captain cared about only one thing, his valuable cargo, the Cross of Santo Domingo and countless bars of gold. Once the cargo was on board, we went to help the crew, but Captain Limbrey ordered us to pull bayonets and not to let any of the Spanish crew on board. He robbed them and left them to die." He looks up at the others.