Chapter 4 - Smile

Rays' POV

He has been staying with us 8 months now. Edward worked part-time in a café to earn. Me and Nox got closer to Edward and Edward got closer to us. But Edward was closer to me. We felt a connection between us. We spent a lot of time getting to know each other more.

He told me about his story, his family, and Bella. When he told me about Bella, I felt this sharp pain in my chest. It hurts to hear his story with Bella. Even though it hurt me, I tried to analyze his family members and this Bella.

His father, Carlisle, and his mother, Esme, sounded like people with a very soft heart. Rosalie, sounded like an extremely strong women and motherly. Emmett, sounded like the child of the house. Alice, sounded chill and easy going. Jasper, sounded like a very brother figure. I really liked Rosalie's and Jasper's personality.

As for Bella, I don't think that she really likes Edward. I feel that she just wants to be a vampire, and intrigued by Edward and his family. She just wants the powers that come with it.

I told him half of myself. I couldn't tell him about the Mikaelsons yet. I don't tell him my surname. I just told him that I was not allowed to tell anyone about my family.

...

I got up early today and got ready to make breakfast for Nox and myself. After I pour the pancake mixture onto the pan, I go to Noxs' room. I know that he is a deep sleep after working and studying all night. I went in and brushed his hair lightly with my fingers for a bit and left after kissing his forehead.

I went into the kitchen and finished making pancakes and placed them on the table. I covered Nox's pancakes. As I wash my dishes, I feel arms wrapping me from my back, pulling me into a hug. I turn to see who it was.

"Good morning."

It was Edward. In his white shirt and dark gray pants.

"Morning. Are you supposed to hold me like this?" I whispered with a smile.

"What do you mean?" He asked with a grin.

"I mean to say that, we aren't even in a romantic relationship with each other. So, how can you be so close to me? hmm?" I asked him with a grin, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Hmm... That is true. Well, How about you come to the place where we first met at midnight and I will tell you?" he said with a little laugh.

"Ok. I am looking forward to it then." I replied.

"Ah! Stop it you both! Eww!" Nox screamed, disgusted with the romantic atmosphere. "Geez! Eww! Why so early in the morning?! Oh I am about to throw up!"

"Noah, stop exaggerating. Chill." I said to Noah, pulling away from Edward as he releases me.

...

When it was midnight, I went to the park where we first met. I looked around and couldn't find Edward.

Suddenly, a gazebo in the middle of the park lit up with lights. I smiled seeing the gazebo that was decorated with light pink roses and lavenders, candles on the table. Edward slowly walked toward me. I give him a big smile. My eyes tear up, as I feel extremely happy.

"Hey, why the tears?" He asks me, taking my hand.

"It's just so beautiful..." I said. Edward smiles and slides his hand to my cheeks, to wipe my tears. He looked into my eyes, as he wipes my tears. I look into his eyes, too, with a smile.

"You look gorgeous. So pretty." He complimented me.

"Thank you, Edward."

"Ray, you know what I had been through. You know about Bella. You know how much I loved her. You found me when I was at my lowest with a broken heart. Over the months, you and Nox took care of me. With you, my love for Bella faded away slowly." He said holding both of my hands.

"You told me something once. After I told you I was a monster. You said,

'Edward, you are not a monster. Think of it like this, we humans kill animals to feed ourselves. We all are monsters if you say it like that. most people, including me, don't feel so guilty eating meat. I mean, yeah it feels bad but we still eat it. So don't call yourself a monster.'

That was what you told me. I was like, 'how can she make it sound so normal. How did she come up with such an example?' No one had ever explained to me in such a beautiful manner. You make me happy about myself, as a person and as a vampire." He said.

I could feel his love for me. So much love for me. I feel my heart fill up with love gradually as he speaks.

"You are such a beautiful person with such a kind heart... I love you, Ray... So, Ray, would you like to go out with this monster in front of you?" He said kneeling on one knee, offering me a bouquet with pink roses and lavender, with a gold ribbon.

"Oh, Edward... Yes! Obviously!" My eyes tear up again. "I love you, too, Edward. I love you so much..." I said holding back my tears as I take the bouquet with both hands.

"I love you. And I won't stop loving you, ever. I love you so much." He says as he stands up.

"What am I going to do with you?!" I said pulling him into a hug.

Then after pulling away a little, I stood on my toe, pulling his collar. Bring his head down towards me. My lips touched his lips gently. It was a short kiss. We pulled away a bit, making our foreheads touch, we let out a little laugh. And then move into a kiss again. This time the kiss was longer and deeper. It was filled with passion. we pulled away to breath, looking into each others eyes.

"Your eyes are golden now? Wasn't it light blue few seconds ago?" He said confused.

"My eyes turn golden when my emotions are on their highest. Right now, my heart is completely filled with your love. See? It show how much I love you, Edward." I said with a huge grin. Showing him how happy I am right now.

"I know it already. I know how much you love me. I don't need anything to know about it." He said, gently caressing my cheeks with back of his hands.

We continued on to our date. He prepared some of my favorite dishes and drinks. Our date ended with a slow dance to the music.

<<<--->>>

Rays' date night dress with light make-up

*****

*End of Chapter*

*****

Hello, I am Maya, the author of this story. I hope you guys enjoy this story and comment on it. I would love to hear feedbacks. Have a nice day! See u guys later!