Chapter 27 - I am concerned

Rays' POV

It have been two months after we came back from Forks. Edward invited his boss to our house today. Edward said that she was more so of a elegant woman, who is the quiet type. 

Then the door bell rang. I opened the door and found a beautiful lady standing in front of me. 

"Hello. I am Edith. Edith Wright. I am Mr. Cullen's boss." The lady said.

"Oh! Hi! Welcome to our home! Come on in!" I greeted her. 

Edward speeded into the room after hearing the door bell.

"Hello, Ms. Wright. Welcome to our home." Edward said with a smile. 

"Hello, Mr. Cullen." Edith said with a smile.

I could feel her staring at Edward weirdly. Was it just me, or did her eyes just lit up seeing Edward?

I made a confused face at that thought. Edward looked at me confused. I smiled to him.

'What happened? Why do you look confused?' He thought to me.

'Ah, nothing. Nothing at all.' I thought to him and smiled.

"Umm. Ms. Wright, please take a sit. I will get something for you to drink and eat." Edward said before leaving the living room. 

"Ms. Cullen, why are you not taking a seat too?"

"Ok. And, it's Mrs. Cullen. But, you can call me Ray." I said taking a seat on the couch.

I mean, I am a Cullen too. Mikaelson part is hidden to the world. I can feel Edward smirking right now from behind me. I looked at him and smirked as well.

"Oh. I am sorry about that. It was a slip of tongue." Edith apologized. 

I can't feel the sorry though. 

'Edward, are you able to read her mind?'

'No. Why? Are you able to read it?'

'I can. But, you know my privacy policy of that. But, I will do it, if I feel she is no good.'

He chuckled at my thought. Edith furrowed her brows in confusion.

"Ah. Apologies. I was just thinking about my kids." Edward explained to Edith.

"I see..." Edith said. 

"Why don't we proceed to the dinner part of today?" I said standing up from my seat.

"Sure." Edith said.

We all sat at the dinner table. Edward ate the bloody lasagna, that I made only for him. Because he can put down any human food. 

"Are you on a special diet, Mr. Cullen?"

"Oh. Yes. My wife made it. It's only for me though. I am a bit possessive when it comes to the food she makes." Edward answered. I made me laugh, but I tried holding it.

"I see. What is it that you both like doing?"

"Music."

"Music and art." I answered. "What do you like doing, Miss?"

"Oh. I like listening to music and writing songs." She said. "Where are your kids?"

"They are with my best friend. He likes taking care of them." I replied.

"I would say, he likes it a bit too much." Edward said with a stern face.

"He does. He can't help it." I said patting his shoulder. He sighed.

"Ahh. Why would you say it like that, Mr. Cullen?"

"Protective dad instincts." I replied with a grin.

"My little girl..." Edward said under his breath with a sad face.

"Oh come on. It's not like she is leaving us." I said rubbing his back. "Ms. Wright, would you like some bread? Or wine?"

"No. I am good. Thank you for asking."

We then finished our dinner and Ace brought back our kids after Ms. Wright left. 

"Roxy, Eri, why don't you go to daddy upstairs? He was missing you both a lot." I said to them.

"Ok, Mommy!" They said before going to Edward.

"Raya, I will take my leave now." Ace said.

"Wait." I said to him. "Have you completely forgotten Elle?" I asked him. He went silent and his face dropped. "Do you still love her?"

"I don't know. I only know that I love Roxy. Like a lot. I can't stand being without Roxy." He replied.

"Hmm... Why do you think will happen, if she was to show up in front of you right now?" I asked him. "I am asking because I am concerned about my only daughter."

"I know that. You have every right to... I don't know how I will react. But, I do know that I will never leave Roxy."

"What is Elle want to be with you again?"

"I will not be with her. I only love Roxy." He said with determination. I sighed and placed my hand on his shoulder.

"I have my faith in you. Edward still doesn't know about Elle. And, I want to keep it that way. I trust my daughter with you. Never break her heart. I will not kill you for breaking her heart, if you do. But, I will torture you. Even if you are my best friend."

"I will never break her heart." He said with a smile. I smile at him too. "I will give her everything that I am capable of. I will give her all of my love." 

"Hmm. I know. Now, go.  You should rest."

"Ok. See you. Tell Roxy that I love her!" Ace screamed.

"No!" Edward screamed from upstairs. Me and Ace laughed at Edward reaction.

*****

*End of Chapter*

*****

Thank you for reading, voting, and commenting!

We got 5k+ views! Thank you, Readers!

I am working on a new story! It's will be out right after "My Forever Love (Edward Cullen)" ends!

Hint hint: It's a fanfic story of The Originals