Chapter 15 - That is love to me

Rays' POV

It was our second day at Forks. In the morning, me and Edward planned on doing out with everyone on a hike and picnic. We planned on telling everyone about us getting married on the picnic. Everyone except Alice and Jasper, came outside the house ready to go hiking in their gear.

"Jasper and Alice are not going." Esme said.

"Well they are missing out on some good plans." Edward said smirking at me.

"Oh. Should I tell them that then?" Esme asked.

"No need. They will know later. And it seems to me Alice won't enjoy it. So it's better that she stays here." Edward said.

"Ok! Everyone ready?!" Ace asked screaming in excitement.

"Yes!" Emmett replied.

We all started the hike. Everyone chatted in groups, while me and Edward were behind them, holding hands as we hiked.

'Ok, so we are doing this.' I thought so Edward could hear me.

'Oh yes we are. Cold feet?' Edward asked me in his thoughts.

'No way. Just worried that your family might disagree to it... I don't want you to be split apart from your family again...'

'They will agree. They know you are my mate. My true mate. Oh yes, I was about to tell you about that.'

'Yea. When did you know I was you true mate?'

'I knew 1 month before confessing my love for you. The day you explained what love was to you.' He thought smiling at me.

Flashback starts

Me and Edward were on the couch in my apartment. Nox was at the sanctuary. Me and Edward were talking while watching a romantic movie. We both watched it expressionlessly. It felt as nothing. He then suddenly asked me something.

"Ray, what is love to you?" Edward asked me. I paused the movie to answer him.

"Love? Love for me is... When someone makes my heart beat is a strange way. Like, when your heart drops a beat or beats to fast, when you see your love. You feel like you are at haven, when you see your love smile... You feel this pain in your chest, when you see your love sad... There is a part of you that tells you to let go of everything and love that person whole heartedly... You will wish them to be happy with or without you... You would want to protect that person no matter what..." I said giving him my sad smile.

"Love. Makes you do strange things... You start to feel various emotions that you may have not experienced before... Love, jealousy, envy, regret, loss, and many more things... The thing you want most is the person you love to love you back whole heartedly. With nothing holding them or you back. You only love that particular person... A love you won't and can't forget... A Forever Lasting Love... That is love to me... That is how I will love the Love of my life."

"How do you know so much about love, Ray?" Edward asked. I looked into his eyes. We locked eyes. I don't know why but I wanted to read him but decided not to.

'I know about love because I am in love with you, Edward. So, I know what love is and what it felt like.' I thought but had my mind blocked. So, that he can't hear me.

"I just know from hearing people talk about love and how it made the feel during therapy." I lied to him. I had to lie to him because I know he is in love with Bella.

"Oh. I see. Then does that mean I wasn't in love with Bella?" I looked at him shocked as he said these words.

"Umm... Not necessarily... You have to ask yourself that. I can't tell you what you feel for her..."