𝐈𝐈𝐈⁺ || 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐆𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐆𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐅

PREVIOUSLY ONSacrifice

PREVIOUSLY ON
Sacrifice

═══════════════

"This is Jeanie."

"What are you thinking, Robin? We can't keep a girl," the blonde whispered harshly with wide eyes.

Robin turned the little girl to the blonde to hold. Jeanie went willingly and laid her head on the blonde's shoulder, rubbing her face. Robin gave the other woman a stern look, telling her to introduce herself. There was no getting out of this.

"Hello... Jeanie. You can call me Maria."

═══════════════

"I'm lookin' for her today, with or without you," Tommy's determination spat out.

"We will both go look for her soon. We need to be patient," Joel huffed out.

═══════════════

On the lookout, Tommy's head shot up when the bushes in front of him shook. He raised the gun in his hand and waited, taking three slow steps back. His heart beat frantically in anticipation, and when the sound of snarls and growls reached his ears, he shot.

═══════════════

A single Infected came from behind and jumped on Tommy's back. The blonde fought and grunted, trying to pull away. Then, he gripped the gun, reached behind him, and pulled the trigger.

The body fell to the ground.

═══════════════

"Tommy..."

His head snapped up with wide, watery eyes. "What?"

Joel lifted his hand and touched the sight of Tommy's neck, pulling his hand to the front of them.

Blood.

═══════════════

"You burn the site before the infection spreads, and you've got a better chance."

The lighter flicked on and the little blaze danced out. Nothing could've prepared him for the feeling of his skin being burned and ripped off by something as beautiful as fire.

The rag that was trapped between his jaws did little to nothing to hold in his cries.

═══════════════