𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐈⁺ || 𝐆𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐀𝐍𝐘

PREVIOUSLY ONSACRIFICE═══════════════

PREVIOUSLY ON
SACRIFICE
═══════════════

"So, I've been thinking lately... about Jeanie and, y'know... what happened. I know you did what you thought you needed to do in that situation, and I know you want the very best for her. I just couldn't sleep the other night because I was thinking about this so much- the night of our argument about Texas. I really can't stay angry at you. At least, not for... leaving her. Because, really, I did the same thing you did. Or, at least, I wanted to. If not for Robin... well. But you're her dad, and I don't know what things were like between you two and her mom before shit went down, but I can tell you care about her, so... I've decided that I have forgiven you. For then, for-for leaving her. Everything. Because you fought like hell to get her back. Even when you were here under our watch. Don't think I ignored the way you were. It wasn't the... easiest thing to watch. But I noticed. And I'll let you in on a little secret, Tommy, I'm not that terrible of a person. I care about her too," Maria spoke calmly as she walked alongside the blonde man.

Tommy wouldn't look up from his boots, but she heard him sniff, wipe his nose, and look away to clear his throat. "Well..." he chuckled. "That's a relief. I was beginning to think you still hated my guts."

She chuckled at that. "I'd hope not, considering I was also thinking of claiming that two story on the corner of Elm Street and Fenway. It has three bedrooms, one and a half bath. Just figured it would make it easier for Jeanie to be with us both, y'know?"

Tommy grinned and craned his neck to meet her eyes, "Are you asking me to move in with you, Maria?"

She could hear the teasing in his voice, so she gave him a little shove, hiding her smile, "Shut up, dipshit, I'm serious."

He straightened, gripping his backpack, "Yeah... I... I think I'd like that."

═══════════════

Jeanie turned to look at them with wide eyes and held a finger over her lips, then turned to point.

At the bottom of the hill, next to a small stream, were two figures, crouched, gathering water.

═══════════════

Tommy aimed his gun at the larger girl's head, and Maria watched wide-eyed, her gun only semi-pointed at the smaller one.

"Stand up slowly, take off your bag and throw it to the ground. Then, turn around. Try anything, I'll put a bullet through your skull," Tommy gritted out in a low, demanding voice Maria hadn't heard before.