𝐈𝐗⁺ || 𝐃𝐎𝐆𝐒

PREVIOUSLY ONSacrifice

PREVIOUSLY ON
Sacrifice

═══════════════

When Tommy was lying in bed only two nights before, he realized just how self-righteous his older brother was and he was disgusted and sneered at the memory of Joel pulling him away from looking for his little girl, convincing him that they weren't safe and that they'd look for her when troops weren't swarming the place. Joel was walking a very thin tightrope around Tommy, to say the least.

═══════════════

"I-I've been an ass," Joel began. "I-I made you follow me, and I didn't give two shits about the consequences. And-and Jeanie. God, Tommy. She's your daughter, my niece. I envied you. Those days we spent runnin'... I didn't care if you just left, went your own way."

Tommy bore his slitted eyes into his brother's before sniffing and turning his head away to look out the window. "If this is your way of apologizing... or clearin' yer conscience..." he looked back at Joel. "Go fuck yerself. You have no idea what pain you've caused me!"

"You insolent piece of shit. Have you lost yer goddamn mind? Who do you think held yer hand out there when you were runnin' around chasin' a dead little boy? I coulda left you. I coulda left you with Amber, and then you'da ended up dead. I coulda left you in that damned city to rot as one of those things! Without me, you'da been torn to shreds by those fuckers! You would be dead without me."

"When you two chickenshits are done with your cat fight, we should get going." Sal was leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed over his broad chest, watching the brothers argue.

"It's about an hour's walk from here to town."

═══════════════

Tommy shoved Joel's shoulder. "Look right there." He pointed to a white tent, the obvious sign of a quarantine zone.

"That's new," Sal grumbled. "FEDRA. They're something else." He sighed and shook his head. "Stealth. Just remember what you've been taught," Sal told them.

═══════════════

Joel and Tommy entered into the room Sal was in last, the room where the source of the crash was, and went in quietly.

Sal was crouched behind a couch and he quickly told the two others to crouch down. "This is the second stage. I've heard the soldiers call them Stalkers." Sal gulped, pointing at a crouched Infected.