𝐗𝐗𝐗 || 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐙𝐎𝐍

PREVIOUSLY ONSACRIFICE═══════════════

PREVIOUSLY ON
SACRIFICE
═══════════════

"Maria~"

"Hey, I need~ wake u~"

"C'mon~ get up. ~gotta go~"
"What?" she whispered aloud in confusion, a spark of anxiety shooting through her. She pulled at her arm that was chained to a rusty pipe above where she sat.

"Maria."

She gasped as she whipped her head in the direction of the voice, eyes wide.

"Oh my God. Luther, what the hell is going on?" The big man was sitting against the wall to her right, both his hands above his head, cuffs wrapped around a thicker, more sturdy pipe.
Her eyes traveled the stream of scarlet from the right of her thigh to Luther's foot. "God."

"I'm alright. But listen, we gotta get out of here-"

Alarms went off in her head, "Wait! Where is Jeanie!?"

"I know where they have her, but we gotta get to her before dark."

═══════════════

"Truck. They have a truck here," he told the blonde.

Her eyes widened at the sight of the white pickup that the two thugs sat on the tailgate of. "Are you fuckin' kidding me, Luther?"

"No. No I'm serious. I'll get one and you get the other." At Maria's look, he stood on his own. "Maria."

With a very reluctant sigh, she went with Luther to quietly flank the men from behind. Luther's adrenaline rush seemed to fall when he dropped the man with the broken neck to the ground. He leaned against the truck and pulled the door open, throwing himself inside.

He looked out the window, catching the names on the road sign. "Take a right and get on 76. Head towards Denver. They trade at an old golf course manor out that way."

She whipped her head in his direction, "Colorado?"

"Yeah."

She gripped the steering wheel, turning right and with glassy eyes, asked the question she didn't truly want to answer to.

"What do they um... intent to... to do with her?" Maria was met with silence. "Luther?"

I just want my daughter back.

"God, Maria." His breath hitched.

"What? Why do they want her?"

Luther looked at her face from his reclined position. "Ria... the things I've seen... just pray we aren't too late."