𝐕⁻ || 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐏𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐄

PREVIOUSLY ONSacrifice

PREVIOUSLY ON
Sacrifice

═══════════════

Joel says we are about a five-hour walk from the New Mexico/Texas border.

═══════════════

Ahead of the men stood a wooden gate that looked like it stretched as far as the eye could see.

"I do hope you're just passing through," a low voice shouted from the other side of the gate.

═══════════════

The Hispanic dropped his gun to the side. "No bites?"

Tommy's breath left him. Joel swallowed, "No. No bites."

═══════════════

He stuck his hand out, leaving it for Tommy to shake, "Manuel Salvador, but call me Sal."

═══════════════

"If you plan on getting to Montana, you're going to have to pass many checkpoints between here and there, which means military persons. And of course, many many infected," Sal spoke as he dismounted a rifle from the wall, and grabbed a target.

"Vamos." The Hispanic sighed and looked at the two, "You two have a lot to learn."

═══════════════

 The sharp, pressure-filled cry of an exiting bullet shouted out through the wooded area, sure to attract the beasts from outside the security of the wooden walls

The sharp, pressure-filled cry of an exiting bullet shouted out through the wooded area, sure to attract the beasts from outside the security of the wooden walls. Birds abandoned their perches upon the branches at the abrupt noise.

Another bullet shot out of the sniper rifle barrel, echoing down the twelve-hundred-yard lane, hitting the target, dead center on the bullseye.

Tommy pulled back from the scope, lifting the bolt up and backward, letting the bullet fly out of the ejection port. He let out the breath he was holding, leaning back in his chair with satisfaction. A small grin sat on his face.