𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕 || 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐒

PREVIOUSLY ONSACRIFICE═══════════════

PREVIOUSLY ON
SACRIFICE
═══════════════

God, she'd grown so much. Her eyes, the color of her mother's but shaped like his own. Her beautiful, blonde locks of hair- they had grown so long, much like his. And her beautiful smile, that smile that made him tear up, that smile that he would give anything to see again.

Joel's hazel eyes ran over the two faces in the photo and immediately locked on the one that was too familiar.

Tommy breathed unsteadily, and looked around Joel's shoulder, still smiling. "That's Jeanie."

Dread. Regret. Envy. They ran Joel's blood cold. "No it isn't." A deep frown was set on his face.

Tommy shook his head with a scoffed out laugh, and pocketed the picture. "I'm gonna find her."

═══════════════

Jeanie was here- no doubt, and that made a streak of hope run through Tommy. He remembered that book that was filled with all the people who'd been kept down here. Marlene had that book. He needed to talk to Marlene.

But he couldn't do that with Joel and Tess breathing down his neck.

Tommy eyed a single brick that was next to the door on the ground. An idea ran through his head, and he bent down to grab the brick, dropping it in the doorway, just close enough so the door wouldn't latch.

"Careful with the doors, they lock behind you." he remembered Marlene telling him.

═══════════════

The brick was still where he'd left it- propped in the door. Good, no one had shut the door.

Tommy came to the opening of the hall, and stepped through the threshold. He entered the room where the cells were, and the dripping sound still dripped behind Tommy. He paid it no mind though, his laser focus was on the book that laid in the middle of the wooden desk.

He hovered over the desk, his elbows locked, holding him over the book. He shifted his weight, and pulled his shaky hand over to open the cover.

"Could've come through the front door." Her voice made Tommy jerk in surprise.

"Shit!" He turned to find a figure sitting against the wall, between the cells. He squinted, searching for her facial structure through the faded darkness. "Jesus Christ, Marlene." He sighed. "Scared the shit outta me... What the hell are you doin' up so late? Or... early?"