𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈⁺ || 𝐑𝐎𝐂𝐊 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐄

PREVIOUSLY ONSACRIFICE═══════════════

PREVIOUSLY ON
SACRIFICE
═══════════════

"I'm gonna ask you one more time. Where the hell are the fuckin' guns?!" A fist flew through the air, pounding the target.

Whimpers escaped the man's lips. He was dressed in an army green shirt and camo pants. His arms were tied behind his back, secured to a wooden chair. He closed his eyes and began to cry out. "I don't know, man! I don't know! I never handled 'em! I swear!"

Tommy pressed the barrel of his gun into the man's stomach. "Are you positive? Cuz your buddy over there said different."

The man's breath hitched, hearing that there was another guy with him- another victim.

Across the room sat another man, dressed the same, drenched in gasoline. Joel stood to his side, a box of matches in his hand.

═══════════════

"Jesus. You guys look rough," Tess said, licking her thumb and wiping away the specks of blood on Tommy's cheek.

The younger Miller grimaced and leaned away, and Tess moved over to wipe some dust off of Joel's shirt. "West quarantine gate. That's where a coupl'a the guys said. Said they had four heavy rapid-fires."

Tess grinned. "Good. Alright. I'm probably gonna send someone else down to get them. We've got a job with the new 'chief of the Fireflies.' Her name is Marly or Marlene- something like that- according to Scott. Y'know. The guy I've got in there. Anyways, said she was throwing out a bunch of shit, said if we wanted any of it, we could have it."

═══════════════

The Fireflies were now secured in an old television broadcasting studio. It was well secured, being a political building; ten foot tall, barb wired fences stood tall around the entire perimeter. Nothing had much chance getting in or out.

Tess let the car roll to a stop at the gate's entrance. Two men stood, Firefly patches wrapped around their arms, pendants around their necks.

She let her arm hang out of the window, and greeted the man on the left side of the gate. "We're here to see Marlene."

"Alright, Tommy you listening?" Said blonde turned to listed through the busted window. "When we get in there, let me do the talking, 'kay? We don't need a slip up like last time."

Last time... Tommy had gotten mouthy with one of the guards when the three (Tess, and the Millers) were led downstairs and past the holding cell quarters. He'd never agreed with Quincy, the old "chief" of the Fireflies. Locking people up, leaving them to starve, all while taking most of their clothes along with their dignity. Even in the dark corners of the cells, Tommy could see the poor souls' blue lips. December was a hard, cold month for everyone.