𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕 || 𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐄

PREVIOUSLY ONSACRIFICE═══════════════

PREVIOUSLY ON
SACRIFICE
═══════════════

Maria laid another bullet into the bullseye without a sweat. Her arms aches and burned with overuse, but she'd never tire of being in the shooting lanes.

Another two shots were fired before the clip emptied its remaining bullet. In the silence, the blonde switched out the clip, but came to a halt when she heard the thump of a door.

Turning quickly, to see no one had entered, Maria lifted on of the earmuffs from her ear.

Feet scurrying.

Hushed voices.

The sway of the overhead lightbulbs told Maria to remove the muffs completely, and she was met with the grumbling sound of a truck overhead, vibrating the ground underneath it.

Something wasn't right.

Maria grabbed a man's arm, seeking answers, "What's going on up there?"

His eyes were alert and he seemed dreadful of what he knew, unsettling Maria, "It's the Fireflies."

Maria reached the end of the hallways and flung the double doors open to be faced with guns blasting, and buildings ablaze, warming the cool evening sky.

Scanning the tops of each building as well as she could in the darkness, Maria found at least one of her group sniping Fireflies off left and right.

Heading for the outside perimeter, looking for a way inside the gate, was the final truck, Fireflies in the back, holding on tightly.

The rumbling of an ATV sounded beside Maria as she shot at the tires of the Fireflies' truck, apparently missing. Robin called her name, and held out a hand for Maria to grip onto. She was pulled aboard, next to a crate of C4s.

"Hold on!" Robin yelled, an AK-47 in her right hand. She whipped the ATV in the direction of the final truck, and fell in sink with it soon after.

"Ria! When I get close enough, jump on and attach one of those to the truck!"

Just as she jumped on, a bullet grazed Maria's cheek, causing her to hiss in pain. Hands gripped onto her shirt, making Maria to pull away harshly in retaliation, knocking her fist against them.

She grunted, trying to reach the roof of the cab with the C4, but the steady grip held tight, refusing to allow her to move closer.

Maria swung her gun around, ready to fire a bullet into the man's skull, but the heart stopping click of an empty click caused Maria's stomach to turn. She quickly disarmed the man by grabbing the handgun, pointing it away and bashing his wrist, all while holding onto the side of the truck with her thighs and feet.