𝐗𝐋𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈 || 𝐉𝐄𝐊𝐘𝐋𝐋 & 𝐇𝐘𝐃𝐄

PREVIOUSLY ONSACRIFICE═══════════════

PREVIOUSLY ON
SACRIFICE
═══════════════

It had been a few days since the ambush on the bridge. Jesse and Jeanie made it out by the skin of their teeth and a miracle. There had only been two men in the truck that showed up. They'd cornered the teens, but luckily, Jesse got the angle on them and was able to take them out, but not without injury.

Afterward, in a fit of adrenaline, the two circled back to the river, only further down to try and find Maria and Tommy.

Tommy and Maria were somewhere out there... hurt, probably searching for the teens. If... when she and Jesse found them, Jeanie swore she would find every one of those guys who'd separated them and fuck them up if either of her parents were hurt.

═══════════════

They were up again before the sun rose; truthfully, they hadn't slept much at all. The plan was to go further into the south side of the city where there were more woods, it was secluded- the perfect place to lay low.

Jesse and Jeanie began by going back to the bridge to see if the truck had been back since the rain washed away the original tracks.

Holding the straps of his backpack, Jesse looked up at the sky. "It's nasty out here, Jean. Why don't we go through the city?" He watched the rain drip off the brim of Jeanie's hood. "You feel the coolness in the breeze? That means there's probably hail somewhere. If we go through the city, we'll have shelter. If we head out there..." he trailed off.

"It'll be fine, Jess. We can't let this go another day. Besides, could you imagine the Infected in there? That place probably hasn't been cleared in forever," the girl replied, walking beside him.

She halted her steps and didn't look at Jesse when he halted in front of her and turned around with a questioning look. Her eyes jumped back and forth between the city and the plains in the far-off distance before she clenched her fist and her jaw and turned towards the main road into the city with a meaningful stalk.

"Screw it."

"Jeanie?" she heard a call behind her. Then she heard a lot, 'okay' and the shuffling of footsteps catching up.

And so they headed into Boise City, a big building in their sight that seemed to be a courthouse perhaps- an important building, they'd decided. It seemed the closer they got, the more emotion ran through Jeanie. She was tired, frustrated, pissed the fuck off. This was supposed to be a quick trip, and yes, they expected delays here and there, but this? This was some bullshit. Whoever these motherfuckers thought they were had another thing coming, and if they'd hurt Maria or Tommy, God forbid, then she was gonna break their goddamn legs and feed them to a pack of clickers.