𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈 || 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃

*if you would like the full effect of this chapter, as if it were apart of the game, place the song above, at about 3/4 the way down*

PREVIOUSLY ON
SACRIFICE
═══════════════

Comply. Just comply and they'll let you see her. Do what they tell you, and you'll get your daughter back.

Those were the words Tommy had been repeating to himself day after day that he sat in that room.

He knew Maria's face. He'd studied her face for hours at a time, looking at that photo. Her sharp stormy eyes, her blonde locks, which were now a bit shorter than in the photo. And he knew she knew where his daughter was.

═══════════════

"She's my goddamn daughter, Maria! I've told you, over and over again. I won't hurt her!"

"She is just as much mine as she is yours- if not more!"

Tommy scoffed out a hurt chuckle. "And why is that?" He knew her answer.

Maria closed her eyes before saying the next words with confidence, whether it was true confidence or not, Tommy wasn't sure. He only registered the sting they sent through him.

"Because you're just a person to her. Nine years have passed. She doesn't know you like she knows me. She remembers you from memories as a toddler. She'll feel safer with me than she would you. You don't know her favorite color. You don't know how she liked to wear her hair. You don't know her."

Tommy stood, pleading with her, "So let me get to know my daughter. You are the only obstacle standin' between us. Just let me see her. I won't... I won't take her away, if that's why you're so hesitant. I just want her back." Tears flooded his eyes as his throat tightened.

Maria bowed her head and shook it solemnly. "No."

He let out a breathy cry, "Maria..."

═══════════════

Houser saw him coming over before anyone else and made a remark, "Well, look who has graced us with his presence. Mr. Sunshine, himself. You're not looking too good."

"They have my daughter."

═══════════════