𝐗 || 𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐒

PREVIOUSLY ONSacrifice

PREVIOUSLY ON
Sacrifice

═══════════════

"So what's the plan?" were the first words that escaped Louisa's thin lips. She leaned against the sink on which Maria propped herself up with her elbows.

Maria sighed and hung her head, "I don't know. We have to move. If we weren't worried about those Firefly guys before, we've gotta worry about them now. They're gonna be on our ass before long. We risked enough going back for Dean's body."

"I think you're right."

═══════════════

Since Maria and Louisa's chat a little over a week ago, the thought of Jeanie couldn't be pushed away by Maria. The images of something happening to the girl while Maria was responsible made her stomach clench in worry; it made her want to run to the smaller blonde.

═══════════════

Maria eased her way into the room and quietly closed the door behind her. Her eyes instantly locked on the figure who was on the right side of Robin, looking at the picture book.

"Bout ready to head out. Let's get these kids loaded up."

═══════════════

Maria felt a tug on her pants leg and looked down, ready to shake off Buckley, a puppy who'd followed the trucks to their site one day.

Maria was met with the hazel eyes and beaming smile of Jeanie. She was reaching up at the woman, and Maria couldn't help but crouch down to the girl's level.

Jeanie giggled and let out an excited "Hi!" then, wrapped her little arms around the woman, who held the girl's back gently like Robin did with Jesse.

Maria curled her finger under Jeanie's chin and pulled the girl closer. "Hey, you."

The girl put her hands on the sides of Maria's face, rubbing her thumbs over her cheeks gently, something the woman knew Jeanie did since they picked her up from that abandoned library.

It started off with Maria having to force herself to put on a tight smile, laugh, or touch the girl at all, but when Jeanie demanded Maria to read her books while she sat in her lap or play Barbies (which Maria was informed that she didn't do the voices as good as her Daddy did) every day... Maria eventually gave in and began acknowledging the girl as if Jeanie were her own.

═══════════════

Maria hopped in the front seat, pulling the Jeep's keys from her back pocket.