Forward

When you're trying to establish a unique world of your own creation, it's very hard not to cram in exposition. Exposition in dialogue can be the downfall of many a story, and can change the story from exciting to boring. Don't believe me? Just watch this clip from Suicide Squad.

Seriously, they just introduced the character, gave the facts, and that was it. We didn't even get to know Katana, what she likes, what she dislikes, etc. I nearly ran into the same problem when I was developing Robin Warner's Excellent Adventure. I wanted to establish a functional world and who the main characters were, and the supporting characters. I wanted there to be history between Robin and the people he befriended, how he came to know this version of the Bat Family, especially Kevin, Barbara, and Tyler, created by TylerWhittakerClarke. It was the relationships between these characters that mattered, and why it would motivate Robin to want to go back in time and prevent The Joker from shooting and paralyzing Barbara Gordon. But establishing how Robin and Kevin became superheroes mattered too. How else would I be able to justify why Robin was friends with folks like Batman and Oracle? Now this isn't the first time I've established Kevin as a superhero, and it's not the first time he appeared as his knightly alter-ego formerly known as Knight Fox. I changed it to Captain Courageous because he really didn't look fox-like. If you've followed me long enough, you would know that the medieval knight version of Batman was introduced in my FanFiction known as Injustice Son of the Phantasm. The way Kevin became a knight with Batman like features was a simple enough story, somewhat grounded. For this story, I didn't want to repeat myself in origin story. If I do the same thing over and over again, it becomes redundant, kind of like the Friday the 13th movies. For this, I wanted to really go all out into fantasy, and have Kevin and Kara wind up in a world similar to Onward in which it was dominated by fantasy creatures and had absolutely no humans. This story is influenced by stories like Wizard of Oz, Lord of the Rings, Narnia, My Little Pony, and Ridley Scott's Legend. Reason I mention My Little Pony is because this story features magical creatures such as unicorns, Pegasi (plural term for Pegasus), and Alicorns. The story also features fantasy creatures you would see in the many fantasy stories I mentioned above such as elves, trolls (not internet trolls), goblins, dragons, and it features creatures you would see in Greek, Roman, and Norse mythologies. Also, to any Tolkien/Middle Earth fans that don't like/are offended by the Elven language I made up that could be potentially inaccurate, I apologize. I did the best I could, mixing Sindarian/Quenyan Elvish with German and Greek, and if I fucked up or pissed anyone off, I deeply apologize in advance. This is definitely a passion project I have always wanted to do. Special thanks to my friend AraghenXD for drawing the cover for this. If you recall, he drew this for Robin Warner's Excellent Adventure.

I wanted an epic cover with Kevin as Captain Courageous and Kara as Supergirl, and so I asked AraghenXD if he could draw a cover that was pretty much a spoof to the Army of Darkness poster

I wanted an epic cover with Kevin as Captain Courageous and Kara as Supergirl, and so I asked AraghenXD if he could draw a cover that was pretty much a spoof to the Army of Darkness poster. This is what he drew.

To quote Ash Williams, groovy

To quote Ash Williams, groovy. Thanks again, AraghenXD! I hope you have fun reading this as I've had fun making this.