The Best Rewards Are The Ones That Are Earned

Kevin looked at the Alicorn children and asked, "you think these foals can fly?" Kara looked at the colts and fillies, and she gently said in Kryptonese, "can you all fly?" The Alicorn children looked at Kara and they opened their wings, starting to fly, whinnying excitedly. "That answers that question," chuckled Kevin. Kara then said in Kryptonese, "come and follow us little ones. We shall go back and reunite you with your mother." Kara took Kevin by the side and said, "you ready?"

"Oh yeah," said Kevin as he smiled at his girlfriend. Kara then started to levitate, and that's when she and Kevin flew, the Alicorn children following them. Meanwhile, Princess Calpurnia was at a lake outside of the castle with Sapphire. The princess was wading her feet in the water, playing her flute. Sapphire was in a more somber mood, and Calpurnia was trying to comfort her companion. Suddenly, Sapphire could hear a little whinny. She and Calpurnia looked up, and they saw Supergirl and Captain Courageous with Sapphire's children. Calpurnia said in Elvish, "Hain gar- ist zurückgekommen!" Sapphire then started to fly to her children. She cried tears of joy and said in her Alicorn, "my children! You have come back to me!" She hugged and kissed her children. Kevin and Kara landed to where Calpurnia was. "Your highness," acknowledged Kevin. "Supergirl, Captain Courageous, I'm glad to know that you've both rescued Sapphire's children." Calpurnia said in English. "There is more," replied Kara, "we have both defeated and slayed Skadlig. He will no longer reign terror upon your land." Princess Calpurnia smiled and said, "my father will be most pleased to know that. Come, we will tell him the good news."

Princess Calpurnia took Kevin and Kara inside the castle where she told her father what Kevin and Kara had done. The emporer smiled and nodded at Calpurnia. The princess then said in English, "I speak for my father when I say, you have done Martolk a great service, Kevin Beaumont and Kara Zor El. Songs will be sung and legends will be told of your bravery in slaying Skadlig." The emporer then said in Elvish, "Chalázi na Captain Courageous a Supergirl! Skadlig na- firn!" His knights shouted in proud response, "Chalázi na Captain Courageous a Supergirl! Skadlig na- firn!" Calpurnia smiled at Kevin and Kara and said, "and because you have helped us, we shall help you. You have earned our help as a reward." Kevin looked at Kara and said, "well Mom always said the best rewards are the ones that are earned." The emporer's wizard then came in and found the spell in his spellbook that would then send Kevin and Kara back to their respective dimension. The wizard then spoke an enchantment, the enchantment then opened up a dark violet portal similar to the one that took Kevin and Kara to Martolk. "It was an honor meeting you, Princess Calpurnia," acknowledged Kara. "Yes, thank you for everything your highness," said Kevin. "It was a privilege meeting you both," replied Calpurnia, "fare thee well, Supergirl and Captain Courageous." Kevin and Kara held hands, and then went inside the portal. The portal then disappeared.

The vortex back to their dimension was a lot quicker for Kevin and Kara. A couple minutes later, the couple found themselves back in Metropolis. Specifically Routh Street. Kara looked around and said, "we made it. Kevin, we're home." Meanwhile, Robin and Tyler were in Metropolis, still looking for Kevin and Kara. So far, their results were fruitless. "Let's give up Robin. Kevin and Kara aren't here." Tyler said pessimistically. "Alright, I'll tell Oracle," said Robin, but then... "Wait... I thought I heard a noise..." Robin decided to check to see where the noise came from. The noise seemed to have originated from Routh Street. Once Robin made it to that street, he noticed Kevin and Kara in their unusual state. "Kev? Kara?" Robin asked in surprise and disbelief. "Robin, is that you?" Kevin asked with surprise and relief. Robin chuckled jovially and then said on his comm link, "Toon Boy to Oracle, I found them! I found Kevin and Kara!" Oracle then said on the radio, "that's great! Where are they?" Robin looked at the street sign and replied, "Routh Street in Metropolis!" Tyler heard what Oracle said and ran over to where Kevin and Kara supposedly were. "You're alive!" Tyler said excitedly as she wandered over to her friends. "Nice suit Kevin," commented Robin. "I'd say the same about you Rob," replied Kevin. "Thanks, it's from the pilot of a rejected spinoff," said Robin. "What happened to you two?" Tyler asked. "We slayed a dragon," replied Kara. "And let us tell you, he put up one hell of a fight," said Kevin, "the world we were in was like something out of The Wizard of Oz or Lord of the Rings." The moment Kevin mentioned Lord of the Rings, Tyler got excited and said, "I want to hear everything about it." Kara smiled and said, "we'll tell you everything Tyler, but right now, Kevin and I could go for some Big Belly Burgers. After that, let's go home."