Raiders Night

For the next few days, Kevin and Kara couldn't stop thinking about each other. Kevin wanted to hang out with Kara again. So on one particular day, Kevin decided to call Kara. He was in the living room and got out his cell phone and dialed Kara's number. Less than a minute later, Kara picked up and said, "hello?"

"Hey Kara, it's Kevin," he said, "you gave me your number." Kara replied, "oh yeah, I remember! Nice to hear your voice Kevin. What are you up to?" Kevin shrugged and nonchalantly replied, "oh nothing much. Just hanging out with Dad and Robin. I was wondering, are you doing anything Friday night?" Kara replied, "if there isn't some giant meteor trying to strike Earth? Nothing much really." Kevin chuckled, "well if you're not busy, I was wondering if you would be interested in watching Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark with me..." Kara replied, "I don't think I've watched the Indiana Jones movies. I would love to watch Raiders with you, Kevin. So Friday night?" Kevin nodded and replied, "yeah Friday night, Wayne Manor. I'll make popcorn." Kara replied, "okay, I'll be there and I'll bring pizza from Starling City. They make the best pizza ever." Kevin smiled and replied, "sounds good. See you Friday night Kara." Supergirl replied, "see you Friday night, Kevin. Gotta go, bye!" Once she got off the phone, Kevin sighed contently. He did like Kara.

Soon Friday came, and Kevin got ready. He got himself cleaned up in order to look nice, and then he made popcorn, putting it in a bowl large enough for two people to share. It was now night time in Gotham City, and Kevin patiently waited for Kara. He then heard a whooshing sound as Kara then appeared with a large pizza box and a two liter soda. "Hey Kev, hope I didn't take too long," said Kara as she smiled at Kevin, "while I was waiting for the pizza to get ready, an ape was going berserk in the street. Took me five minutes to stop him." Kevin smiled and said, "it's no big deal. You're right on time. I made popcorn." Kara sighed in relief, "well I'm glad I wasn't held up too long. I don't know about you, but I'm ready to watch that movie." Kevin smiled and said, "then allow me to guide m'lady to the theater room." Kara giggled and blushed as she followed Kevin to the theater room while carrying the pizza box and the two liter soda, and Kevin carried the bowl of popcorn and two cups. They then took their seats, sitting next to each other. That's when Kevin played the movie. As Kevin and Kara watched Raiders of the Lost Ark, they ate popcorn and pizza, and drank their soda. Kara was a tad spooked by the traps and scary elements. But the comedic moments were enjoyable. During the moment where Indy was going down the temple full of snakes, Kara asked Kevin, "how old were you when you first watched this?"

"Ten years old," replied Kevin, "some of the more intense moments didn't feel as scary when I found out how they were made through practical and computer effects. It was like showing how a magic trick works. Made it more interesting." Kara nodded and said, "well these are amazing effects. They definitely hold up unlike modern CGI nowadays." Kevin smirked and replied, "Amen to that." When they were finished with the pizza and popcorn and it came to an intimate scene between Indy and Marion, Kevin nervously wrapped his arm around Kara in an intimate manner. Kara welcomed this intimate gesture and laid her head on Kevin's chest, and she curled her feet on the couch. She sighed softly and happily as she watched the movie and could hear Kevin's breathing and heartbeat due to her super hearing. Kevin's breathing and heartbeat felt nice and made Kara feel secure. And Kevin enjoyed being around Kara. He felt happy. Then came the the scene in which The Ark was opened.

Kara was unsure how to feel. Just seeing the spirits from the Ark of the Covenant turn rogue and attack those Nazis was quite frightening. Especially the part where all the villains' faces melted off in such gruesome and detailed fashion. But the other part of her felt satisfied that these despicable villains got quite the violent comeuppance. It served them right for trying to obtain power not meant for humans. She gripped on to Kevin during the scene, but not too hard. When the scene was over she said, "great Rao... you sure this isn't a horror film, Kevin?" She shivered. "It used to scare the hell out of me too Kara," said Kevin, "but looking back I always jokingly told my mom I bet the 11th Commandment is never to open that Ark! Mom agreed with me." He and Kara laughed. They watched the rest of the film until it was over. Kevin smiled and asked, "so what did you think of the first Indiana Jones movie, Kara?" The Kryptonian smiled and replied, "it was amazing! I can see why you're such a fan of those movies." Kara looked into Kevin's dark blue eyes, and he looked into her bright blue eyes. They were lost into each other's eyes until they both blushed and looked away. Kevin then offered, "would you want to watch the rest of the sequels anytime?" Kara smiled and said, "sure! Which one's the second one?"

"Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom," replied Kevin, "that one was the first one to put Indy's name in the title. Although technically it's a prequel to Raiders." Kara giggled and replied, "then let's watch Temple of Doom same time next week. How's that sound?" Kevin smiled and said, "sounds great. Deal." Kara smiled, silently debating with herself whether she was in love with Kevin or not.