To Mount Karloff

The sun rose upon Martolk, and it was now daytime. Kara stayed up throughout the entire night while watching over Kevin as he slept. She found him in his sleeping state to be quite cute. The way he breathed, the way he would occasionally snore, and the way he would cuddle up to Kara. It was all so adorable to her. A couple minutes later, Kevin snorted and yawned, slowly waking up. Kara giggled at Kevin's little quirks. Kevin opened his eyes, and saw Kara. "Morning Kara," he slowly yawned. "Morning Kevin." Kara replied, smiling softly, "did you sleep well?"

"Yeah, pretty decently," replied Kevin as he got up and stretched, giving Kara her red cape. "You hungry for carrots for breakfast?" Kara jokingly asked as she put her cape back on. "Sounds good," said Kevin as he and Kara ate their carrots. Once they were finished eating their carrots, Kevin said in observance, "Mount Karloff is four and a half hours away up north. You ready to make the journey?" Kara nodded and confidently said, "let's suit up and do this." Kevin then got his knightly armor back on, prepped his sword and shield, and once he had his helmet on, Kevin said, "let's roll." Kevin and Kara then started their journey to Mount Karloff. And since they were traveling on foot, it did indeed take them four and a half hours to get to Mount Karloff. Unlike the Elven Castle, Mount Karloff was gray, dark, and bleak. Gotham practically looked like Disneyland in comparison to Mount Karloff. "Well this is certainly the perfect place a giant dragon would rest at," joked Kevin. "Right?" Kara chuckled, "I think the entrance to the mountain might be the tallest one in the middle on top. We could fly over there."

"Y'know, I can't believe we took nearly a day and a half to get from the castle to Mount Karloff on foot when we could have flown over there with your super flight," said Kevin. "I guess we weren't sure if the impact of my super speed and super flight could potentially damage your armor," replied Kara. "Very true," replied Kevin, "I guess we'll see how my armor functions when in flight. I'm ready when you are, babe." Kevin and Kara wrapped their arms around each other's shoulders, and Kara then started to levitate. Kevin held on as Kara started flying, and they flew around the mountains. As they flew, Kevin commented, "not gonna lie, I do enjoy flying with you. It's definitely romantic." Kara smiled and replied, "me too Kev." They flew over to the tippy top of the mountain, and then went inside the dark tunnel entering into the mountain. "Kara, if anything happens, I want you to know that I love you with all my heart," said Kevin. "I love you too Kevin..." Kara sweetly said, and once they landed into the bottom of the inside of the mountain, Kara kissed Kevin on the lips. Once the kissing ceased, Kevin found a giant piece of wood that was around four feet, and Kara used her heat vision to light up the wood as a torch so that Kevin could see in the dark. The couple wandered around the cave inside the mountains, looking for the Alicorn children. Kara used her super hearing and said, "I can hear them... They're still alive..."

"Let's rush to them," said Kevin, and so Kara picked up Kevin and they flew to where the Alicorn children. They were six little ones, no older than a toddler. They were three colts and three fillies. They looked sad. The six Alicorn foals looked at the two with fear and confusion. Kara said in Kryptonese, "it's okay little ones, we are here to save you all, and reunite you with your mother." The Alicorn children listened to Kara's voice, and they felt they could trust her. Especially since they spoke their mother's language. "Three at a time?" Kevin asked. "Sounds like a plan," replied Kara as she and Kevin offered their arms to the little foals. The three fillies went into Kara's arms, and the three colts went into Kevin's arms. "Well, not too heavy," said Kevin as they went another way to escape. But several feet away, they could hear heavy breathing. Suddenly, a dark, sinister, and venomous sounding voice roared, "WHO STOLE MY LUNCH?!?!?!" The voice sounded just like The Joker! The Alicorn children were frightened. "That must be the dragon," whispered Kevin. "What do we do?" Kara asked in a whispering tone. "I could distract him, maybe see if my sword can work," said Kevin, "just stay here with the Alicorn foals until the coast is clear." Kevin put the little colts down and then tiptoed to see if there was an empty spot. Suddenly, that venomous voice said, "I see you..."  Kevin turned around, and saw a massive white dragon that looked to be a hundred feet tall! The dragon could practically tower over the Daily Planet!  He had purple and green scales, green horns and green spikes that trailed down to his neck, back, and tail, big green claws, a big red smile with large yellow teeth that looked to be 12 feet long, bushy green angry eyebrows, and yellow and red eyes that looked evil. It was as if The Joker himself was a dragon...

This was Skadlig, the most feared dragon in all of Martolk! "I am Skadlig," he venomously said, "the great and terrible! Who are you, and why do you dare disturb me?"