The Unexpected Journey Begins

Once they were outside the Elven Castle, Kara then put her arm around Kevin, and she levitated above the ground. They flew out, for Mount Karloff was north above the massive waterfall on top of the castle. Once they made it to the shore above the waterfall, Kevin and Kara started their journey to the mountain of the dragon known as Skadlig. For many hours, they travelled on foot, stopping occasionally to drink water. Six hours later, they were by a bridge as it was close to nightfall. "This bridge should take us where we can rest for the night," said Kara in observance. Suddenly, a massive ugly troll standing at 7 feet jumped in and said in Orcish, "Koga! Um lat wunsch ve übergehen kigiji ur, jiak herausforderung lat ve an krah ringen nak!" He banged his hairy and bloated chest like he was a gorilla. His chest looked like the beer gut of a redneck. And then the troll showed his massive saggy arms. They looked like they could crush anyone's head like a blueberry. At first Kevin and Kara were confused. Then Kevin said in realization, "I think this troll wants us to do an arm wrestling challenge if we want to pass the bridge..."

"Interesting... something tells me this troll hasn't lost," said Kara. "You know we could fly over this troll and avoid trouble," suggested Kevin. "But we could also test the strength of that armor of yours with that troll," teased Kara. "Nalal?" The troll asked impatiently. "Okay, but if this troll kicks my ass, we're flying," said Kevin. "Sounds fair to me Captain," said Kara. Kevin then offered his armored arm to the troll, giving a nod that non-verbally told the troll that he was willing to accept this challenge. The troll smugly laughed and grabbed onto Kevin's gauntlet. The two struggled in this arm wrestling match. But it seems the enchantment was working well, because Kevin was barely breaking a sweat while arm wrestling this ugly troll. The troll grunted and struggled, trying to weaken Kevin and break his arm, slam him to the ground. No other creature was an equal to his strength. Usually the troll would always beat whoever tried fighting him in his arm wrestling matches. But somehow this puny mortal that was no taller than an elf was beating him, it was impossible! The more he struggled against Kevin, the weaker the troll got. And five minutes later, Kevin was able to slam the ugly troll into the ground, beating him in this arm wrestling match. "Okay, this armor makes me strong, check!" Kevin said proudly, noticing that his gauntlet was not crushed by the troll's strength. "Come on, let's go through this bridge before the troll decides to say the game was rigged," joked Kara. That's when Kevin and Kara walked alongside the bridge, walking carefully to ensure that the bridge would not get damaged. A couple minutes later, they made it to the other side. By the time the sun set, Kevin and Kara made camp by a tree. Kevin collected some wood and Kara made a fire of it with her heat vision. They sat by the fire, eating some carrots that the princess had given them. "If we get back, I definitely want to eat a cheeseburger from Big Belly Burger," said Kevin. "I second that," agreed Kara, "during the nighttime, I'll keep guard while you sleep."

"Why not me? I'm the knight in shining armor," countered Kevin. "Well you're human, you need the rest to revitalize your energy." Kara pointed out, "I'm practically a living battery cell on full charge. I won't grow tired or weary if I don't sleep due to my powers. Besides, I got powers and I'll be okay." Although reluctant, Kevin said, "okay, you make good points. Guess I'll take off this armor and sleep in my regular clothes." As Kevin took off his knightly armor, Kara took off her cape and said, "here. Use my cape and your cape as blankets so you can keep warm." Kevin smiled and said, "thanks Kara. That's very kind of you." Once Kevin was in his civilian clothes, Kara asked in a serious manner, "Hey Kevin, before we wound up here in Martolk, there was something you wanted to tell me, right?" Kevin sat next to Kara and said, "yeah, there was..." He got shy and bashful. "We're here alone, and we have some time to ourselves for now," said Kara. "You're right," agreed Kevin, "I guess now's a better time. I wouldn't want us to perish without revealing the truth. I know when Jason supposedly died, Tyler never got a chance to tell him she loved him. Kara, the reason I went to Metropolis was because I wanted to tell you that I have feelings for you."

"You... You do?" Kara asked in surprise, blushing. "Yeah I do," admitted Kevin, "I think you're smart, kind, brilliant, compassionate, protective, I like how you're always willing to try new things and how much you care for everyone. You've been through so much tragedy throughout your life, and yet you've remained optimistic, hopeful, and strong. To me you're beautiful on the inside and the outside. I love you Kara. That's what I wanted to tell you, I'm in love with you." Kara didn't need to listen to Kevin's heartbeat to know he was telling the truth. The sincere love in his eyes told her the truth. Kara gently touched Kevin's face and softly replied, "oh Kevin... I feel the same way about you. You're smart, kind, brave, and optimistic. When I'm with you, I feel normal. I like the way you cook and the way you make me feel safe and secure. I'm glad to know you're attracted to me not just because I'm Supergirl. And it doesn't hurt that you're handsome too. I'm in love with you too, Kevin." Kevin blushed when Kara mentioned how handsome he was. And his heart swelled when she told him she was in love with him too. "Kara... Do you want to be together?" Kevin asked. "I would be more than happy to have you as my boyfriend Kevin," said Kara. "Then I am yours, my love," said Kevin as he and Kara moved closer. And that's when they both kissed each other on the lips. Kara's lips felt sweet to Kevin. He liked it. And Kara felt her heart swell with joy as well. She truly loved him. Once the kissing ceased, Kevin tucked himself with his blue cape and Kara's red cape and cuddled up to Kara. "Good night Kara. I love you," yawned Kevin. Kara smiled and replied, "I love you too Kevin." And so Kevin slept the rest of the night, the Girl of Steel keeping watch.