Prologue

July 27th, 1994

It had been less than a year since Andrea Beaumont exacted her revenge against the people responsible for her father's death as The Phantasm. After exacting revenge and leaving Joker for dead, Andrea left elsewhere. But during her solitude, Andrea found out something. She was pregnant, with Bruce's child! Andrea didn't know what to do now. She was scared beyond belief. She had nobody now. How could she tell Bruce that she was pregnant with his child? Would he even let her back into his life? She killed people, and she got away with murder! True, they were bad people, but that wouldn't make a difference to Bruce. Not with his views. It was still murder. But Andrea decided to be strong, for her baby. So she moved to a different city to start a new life. She wanted to make a change, not only for herself, but for her baby. Andrea converted to Catholicism, hoping to atone for her sins.

It was now the day of Andrea's due date. She was in the hospital, ready to give birth to her baby. Andrea broke her water, so now she was in labor. "Push Andrea, push!" The head nurse encouraged as Andrea screamed in excruciating pain. "Oh God, it hurts!!!!" Andrea cried in pain. She breathed intensely, pushing. She had been at this for four and a half hours. And another four and a half hours later, Andrea was pushing to give birth. She prayed and pushed. "Okay good, I can see a head!" The nurse encouraged, "you can do this Andrea, you're almost there! Keep pushing!" After tons of straining, Andrea finally pushed out her baby, giving birth to it. The baby started crying. "Congratulations Andrea!" The head nurse said while holding out the baby, "it's a boy!" Andrea panted from exhaustion, "is he okay?" The baby boy's umbilical cord was gone as the nurse replied, "he's healthy Andrea. Let's clean him up. Just get some rest Miss Beaumont, you've earned it." Andrea succumbed to unconsciousness and fell asleep.

A couple hours later, Andrea woke up, in a different room. She saw a nurse there and the nurse said, "ah, you're awake Miss Beaumont. Here, you should drink some water to rehydrate." Andrea drank a glass of water and then said, "my baby... can I see my baby, please?" The nurse nodded and replied, "of course Miss Beaumont. Right away." The nurse left the room and a couple minutes later, the head doctor came back with Andrea's baby son, who was now calm and asleep. The baby was swaddled in a blanket with a little cap covering the top of his head. "Can I hold him?" Andrea asked. The head doctor gave the baby to Andrea, and she gently cradled her newborn son in her arms. Holding him melted Andrea's heart. "Oh my gosh... Hello there..." Andrea said softly, "you're so adorable." She cooed at her little bundle of joy. The baby opened his eyes, they were the same color as Bruce's eyes, dark blue. Andrea smiled and said, "hi... It's me... It's Mommy..." She kissed her son on the forehead. She truly loved him. "Any suggestions for a name?" The head doctor asked. Andrea thought a moment and then said, "I think I'll name him... Kevin. Kevin Adam Beaumont." The baby smiled. "Hello Kevin..." Andrea said, "I'll never let anything bad happen to you... I love you with all my heart."