A Land Unfamiliar

For many minutes, Kevin and Kara were falling through the mysterious vortex. They held on tightly to each other, terrified of what could happen next. Kara then got Kevin on top of her so that if they landed on any potential ground, she would take the brunt of it and so that Kevin wouldn't get killed. She could take just about anything due to her physical invulnerability, as long as it didn't involve magic or any other form of Kryptonite. A couple minutes later, Kevin and Kara landed on some grass. The impact of the fall knocked the wind out of both of them. If it weren't for her Kryptonian powers, Kara would have been paralyzed or worse, dead. Kevin groaned, "are you okay, Kara?"

"I'll live..." Kara groaned, "might have a slight crick in the neck, but nothing a little back massage won't hurt..." Kevin soon realized he was physically on top of Kara, and they both blushed. That's when Kevin got off and stood up. He took Kara's hand and helped her stand up on her feet. Kevin and Kara looked around and saw they were in a grassy land with blue skies and a yellow sun. "At least there's a yellow sun," said Kevin, "so you're not gonna lose your superpowers anytime soon." Kara nodded and said, "that's good." Kevin and Kara looked around this land. It was at least lovely to look at. Kevin got out his cell phone, but he saw that there was no signal, and then five seconds later, all the power in his phone died, much to his chagrin. Suddenly, Kevin and Kara saw what looked to be Griffins and winged horses flying around in the sky. They also saw what looked to be Hobbits and dwarves playing together. Or at least, that's what the childlike figures looked like. "Where are we?" Kara asked. "Well it definitely ain't Bellevue, Gotham, or Metropolis," said Kevin, "it looks like something out of a fantasy movie..."

"You can say that again," chuckled Kara, "that portal must have taken us to some sort of alternate universe." Kevin blinked and shook his head. "Oh man, Mom and Dad are gonna freak out once they find out where we are," he said, "if we make it out alive." Kara nodded and replied, "yeah, I don't know how Kal will react to this..." Suddenly, they heard the sound of horses whinnying and galloping. Then an unfamiliar voice said, "ennas hain sie! Hain aeg uin aewenor!" Kevin and Kara saw what looked to be 40 knights in armour riding horses. But on closer inspection, Kevin and Kara saw that the knights were... "Elves?" Kara asked, astounded. "And unicorns and a Pegasus?" Kevin asked in mutual astonishment. The elves in knight armor were on unicorns, but one was riding a Pegasus. The one riding the winged horse looked to be the leader of the knights. Kara held Kevin's hand. The captain of the knights raised his sword at them and then said, "Dar-! Man cin tye atta!" Kevin and Kara were confused. They didn't understand that these elves were speaking the Elven language. Kara was unsure how to react. "Uh Kara... I don't think it's a good idea to use your heat vision to melt those swords or take these guys down..." Kevin suggested. "Yeah, good idea..." Kara replied, backing off. The elves looked at Kevin and Kara with fascination, bewilderment, and confusion, for in this dimension, elves, trolls, Orcs, goblins, dwarves, and hobbits were the closest things to human that existed. The Elf Captain's second in command wandered over to his superior and said, "Hin tad thir i species o adan edain! Hain gar- u- sina cemen in ennin!" The captain agreed and replied, "Te quet- i lambe -o ruatan!"

"Maybe try speaking Kryptonese, it's a long shot, but it just might work," suggested Kevin. Kara nodded and then said in her native Kryptonian tongue, "please, we don't mean any harm. I am Kara Zor-El of Krypton, and this is Kevin Adam Beaumont of Earth. We're simply lost and want to get back to our respective dimension..." The elves gave a look of surprise. The Kryptonian language may have been common on the planet Krypton, but in this dimension, it was spoken by one particular creature, practically a rare language, just like English. "I adaneth firiel i lamb -o Alicorns," the captain said in fascination. "I think we got their attention for the right reason..." Kevin said in observance. The second-in-command elf asked in a pondering manner, "Mana ceri- -o hain?" The captain pondered and then after much thought, he said, "Min emme tul- hain na min Emperor. Ho indome sinte mana ana ceri-..." His men decided to agree with him since he was the emperor's most respected captain of the knights. The Elf Captain looked at Kara and said in Kryptonese, "I apologize if my translation is inaccurate. You seem to speak it more fluently. If you and your male companion come with me and my men peacefully, we will take you to our emperor, who will help the both of you." Kara nodded and replied in Kryptonese, "it's nice to speak to someone in a language I haven't spoken in years. Kevin and I will cooperate with you, Captain." Kara looked at Kevin and said in English, "the leader of these knights wishes for us to meet their emperor. Their Emperor could potentially help us get home." Kevin nodded and said, "works for me." And so Kevin and Kara followed the Elven Knights to the castle of their emporer.