Epilogue, Part 2

A/N: This pretty much takes place after the epilogue in Robin Warner's Excellent Adventure

It had been three years since Robin started his romantic relationship with Barbara. Now they were married and Barbara gave birth to their first child, Robin Warner Jr, RJ for short. Kevin and Kara remembered it well. After all, Barbara went into labor the minute the priest that married them said and I quote, "by the power invested in thee, I now pronounce You man and wife. You may kiss the bride!" Kevin and Kara were able to postpone the wedding reception to check up on Robin and Babs to see if they and their baby were okay. Thankfully the baby was born healthy. Robin and Babs were happy to have a child of their own. After that, the wedding reception went according to plan, although without Robin and Barbara. After all, Barbara needed the rest, which was understandable. Toasts were held for the bride and groom by their respective friends and family. Food was served, everyone danced, and a good time was had by all. When it was time for Kevin and Kara to get to their honeymoon hotel, Kara threw the traditional bride's bouquet, and the bouquet was caught by M'gann M'orzz.

Now Kevin and Kara were at the hotel where they would be sleeping at temporarily until they would begin their honeymoon. They were planning on honeymooning in New Orleans. Kevin was carrying Kara in his arms to their hotel room. Kevin was still wearing his wedding tuxedo, and Kara was still wearing her wedding dress. They were both wearing wedding rings that contained the Kryptonian Symbol of Kara's Family Crest. Kevin opened the door and let himself and Kara into their room. Kara made it easy for him by shutting the door behind them. "It's a good thing we asked Tim to have our suitcases put here so that we wouldn't have to go through the hassle of carrying them as we get here." Kara said in observance. "You said it," chuckled Kevin, "would you like to lay on the bed?" Kara nodded and replied, "that would be nice. Along with a foot rub." She playfully winked at him. Kevin carefully placed Kara on the bed, and he took off his black tuxedo coat. Kevin sat down next to Kara and then kissed her on the lips. Kara kissed back, happy to be married to the man she loved. Once their kissing ceased, Kevin smiled at his wife and said, "I love you." Kara smiled at her husband and replied, "I love you too."

Kevin then put Kara's feet on her lap, and took off her close toed white heels, her feet bare. Kevin then proceeded to massage Kara's bare feet, much to her delight. "I'm glad to know Robin and Babs are okay," said Kara. "Me too," agreed Kevin, "and I'm glad to know their son RJ is okay." Kara smiled and said, "RJ is definitely going to have the best grandparents, aunts, and uncles around."

"I'm just glad Alfred and I were able to save some plates of that wedding cake for Robin and Babs," said Kevin. "It was a good cake," agreed Kara. As Kevin continued to massage Kara's feet, Kevin said, "we sure have come a long way since our journey in Martolk." Kara nodded and agreed, "we certainly have. It only feels like yesterday when we were young and first met. Now we get to be married together. This is the greatest day of my life." She sighed happily. "This is the greatest day of my life too," agreed Kevin, "I'm so happy I get to be married to you, Kara." Kara rubbed her shoulder and said shyly, "Kevin, there's something important I've been meaning to tell you... I wanted to tell you after we got married." Kevin held Kara's hand and said, "I'm here now. What is it you need to tell me?" Kevin was afraid he did something wrong. Kara tenderly touched Kevin's cheek and replied, "it's good news. Kal and I found out this morning, and we wanted to surprise you. Kevin... I'm pregnant." The minute Kara said those three words, Kevin remembered the week before the wedding, and they both "messed around," and Kevin unknowingly got some lousy protection. Some protections work, others don't. "Pregnant...?" Kevin asked in surprised realization. He looked at his wife. Now HE was going to be a father, and Kara was going to be the mother of his child. Kara could hear Kevin's heart beat excitedly. "We're gonna be parents..." Kevin said in faint excitement. Kara nodded with tears of joy. Kevin hugged his wife and cried tears of joy. "Thank you..." he said, "thank you for making me the happiest man, Kara!" He smiled at his wife, who gently wiped his tears. "Thank you for giving me this opportunity to have your baby, Kevin..." Kara replied, "I love you so much." Kevin then put his ear on Kara's belly. He could hear the unborn infant's steady heartbeat. It was the most beautiful sound he'd ever heard. "I love you too Kara. And I'll love our baby just as much," said Kevin as he kissed his wife. Kevin and Kara had come a long way since they slayed Skadlig the dragon, and now the two of them were ready to start their new life as a married couple and now they were ready to start a new family together.

The End.