13: Painful

Derek's Loft

Still That Afternoon

Allison and Lydia arrived outside of Derek's loft, glancing around the numerous stairs leading up to it dubiously, because it wasn't Derek that had summoned them - it was Peter.

"While it's smart to bring me with you, I still think the rest of this is totally insane," Allison stopped Lydia before she could open the door.

"I tried to find Stiles, and I led everyone into a mental institution!" Lydia argued. "I call that a colossal failure!" Allison nodded reluctantly.

"Look, I just need to figure this out, and he's the only one offering any help," Lydia informed Allison.

"Peter doesn't offer help, he offers a chance for you to be manipulated into giving him what he wants," Allison retorted.

"Fine," Lydia shrugged. "Let's see what he wants." And with that said, she opened the door to Derek's loft, where Peter stood against Derek's wall of windows.

He turned around once the door had been opened, and smirked at them. "The hunter and the banshee," he greeted them. "Ladies, come in."

After Lydia and Allison had both come inside and somewhat closer to Peter, Peter's eyes flickered over to Allison. "She goes."

"The last time I was alone with you," Lydia retorted, "I almost bled out on the lacrosse field. She stays."

"Do you actually think I was trying to kill you, when I bit you?" demanded Peter. "You were my backup plan, remember? Not to mention, the bite is what brought out your new abilities. You think power like that was going to come out on its own?" Peter tsk'ed at Lydia and Allison. "I'm the spark that lit your fire, sweetheart."

"You attacked her, and nearly killed her," Allison glared at him.

"Power doesn't come without a little pain and struggle," Peter fired back at Allison.

"I didn't ask for it," Lydia said her piece.

"But you're embracing it now, aren't you?" smirked Peter.

"How about the fact that you brainwashed her and used her to bring yourself back to life?" Allison argued.

"So that I could be here today to help you master your abilities, isn't it amazing how things come full circle?" Peter smiled unconvincingly at the two girls.

"He's insane," Allison concluded. "We're leaving."

"You want the truth, Lydia?" demanded Peter. "It's not the scream that gives you the power, all the scream does is drown out the noise. Allowing you to hear, what you really need to hear. I can help you focus your hearing."

Lydia turned around, as did Allison.

"But you want something in return," Allison stated matter-of-factly.

"No, I'm dedicating my life to helping out narcissistic teenage girls," Peter said sarcastically. "Of course I want something in return."

"These are the claws of Derek's mother?" Allison asked Peter.

"My sister," grumbled Peter, evidently still displeased that Allison was staying. "Talia. Before she died, she stole a memory from me. Something only a very powerful alpha can do. That memory is locked inside those claws."

"Why would your sister want to steal a memory from you?" Lydia cocked her head to one side and pursed her lips.

"Well, if I remembered the memory, I might be able to tell you!" retorted Peter, glaring at Lydia.