20: The Banshee

Beacon Hills High School, the Boys' Locker Room

Later That Night

"Hold still," commanded Deaton, holding Ethan beneath the shower and reaching into his mouth. Anyone else would have been terrified, reaching past fangs and dealing with his glowing blue eyes, but Deaton merely continued: "Don't fight it. Hold still. You're almost there."

Ethan doubled over, coughing, and Deaton flicked a firefly into the shower water headed for the drain.

Finally, Ethan was done, and Deaton turned to Isaac's glowing yellow eyes. "Isaac, you're next." Isaac put his hand up, trying to get the veterinarian to wait, but Deaton didn't listen, yanking Isaac beneath the showers. 

"Don't fight it!" Deaton repeated as he reached into Isaac's mouth. "Don't fight!" Isaac grasped at Deaton's forearm frantically, choking noises coming out of his mouth, and finally Deaton pulled out another firefly and turned the shower off. Isaac returned to his spot by Allison.

"Are they okay now?" Allison asked Deaton, obviously remembering the twins and Isaac trying to kill one another, and Kira, and Allison.

"I hope so," Deaton told her. "The part that's worrisome is that this was most likely just a distraction for what was happening to Stiles."

"There's really two of them now," Kira stared at Deaton in shock. "How is that even possible?"

"And how did the other one just take Lydia?" frowned Allison.

"We turned around and they were gone," sighed Deaton. "There's always a cost," he referred to Malia bringing Stiles - the real Stiles - back.

"And no one notices him just kidnapping her, right out of the house?" Aiden asked angrily, from where he sat on top of one of the locker room benches.

"We were concentrated on the bizarre sight of a creature, materializing from out of the floor," retorted Deaton, unfazed by the omega's anger.

"Hold on," Kira frowned. "How are you so sure which Stiles is which?"

"That's what they're trying to figure out now," sighed Deaton.

-----------------------------------------

The McCall House, Scott's Bedroom

Meanwhile...

Melissa was checking over Stiles, running her medical light over his pupils. That is, if this really was Stiles. Still scarred by Void Stiles' comment earlier, Melissa said nothing as she examined him - he may have been moved to her son's bed, but until the Oni confirmed it, she was not going to acknowledge that this was Stiles.

She had made that mistake once already, and it was one time too many.

"Medically, you seem okay," she finally reported to the person who looked exactly like Stiles, lying on Scott's bed. "You're definitely a real person."

"Okay, so, I'm real, but am I really me?" Stiles asked the question that Melissa was thinking. Malia walked in, looking deadly serious. "They're here?" Stiles guessed.

"Yeah," Malia nodded.

"Okay," decided Stiles, sitting up in bed. "Let's do this." As Malia and Melissa sent each other skeptical glances, Stiles said, "Guys, we have to do this."