19: Mind Over Matter

The Depths of Stiles' Mind

Not Really Sure When Exactly?

Malia woke up across from Lydia tied to a bed, bound by leather. A cot, really, because it was a terrible bed. They looked like they were in some kind of prison. She looked over at Lydia, who looked over at her; and simultaneously, they began struggling against their binds.

It did nothing, and Malia let out a frustrated cry.

"Do I actually need to remind you that you're a were-coyote?" Lydia looked at Malia judgmentally as she continued struggling.

"We're in Stiles' head," Malia retorted, staring at Lydia.

"And you're a supernatural creature, with supernatural strength!" Lydia said, her voice rising. "Break. Free."

Malia listened to the girl who had the highest IQ out of anyone, ever, and broke out of the restraint system, the leather snapping under her arms. Then she broke Lydia out of her own restraints, and as Lydia rubbed her arms, Malia looked at her. "What now?"

"I don't know," Lydia glanced back at Malia. "This is my first time inside someone else's head."

"Just stay behind me," Malia decided, and headed out of the room first.

The door slammed shut the minute she'd walked out, and Lydia banged on the door desperately. "MALIA! MALIA!" she screamed, but there was no answer, and slowly, Lydia turned around.

The room wasn't the room anymore - it was a tiled hallway. Dreading wherever it led to, Lydia began walking along the hallway. Before she could take two steps, balloons started falling, and then, just like that, Lydia was back in the high school hallway that night at the school dress. Back in her dress, her hair styled exactly the same.

The night that Peter had bitten her.

Lydia found herself calling out for Jackson as she waded through the balloons, just like she'd done on that night. "Jackson? Are you in here?"

Instead she found the Nogitsune, growling softly as it traced that backwards 5 on the wall, before it looked right at her.

Malia, meanwhile, was on Stiles' bed, making out with Stiles. "I thought I heard something," she pulled away, swearing she'd heard a loud growl.

"It's okay, you're with me," Stiles pulled her back in for another kiss. "Everything's fine, we've got the house to ourselves. My dad won't be back for hours."

The Nogitsune slammed a locker door shut as it headed straight for Lydia, who started running again. Was this night repeating itself? In fact, it slammed every locker door shut, for whatever reason, because every locker door happened to be open. It roared at Lydia, who turned and began running through the balloons that littered the floor.

-----------------------------------------

The McCall House, the Living Room

While Lydia and Malia are Inside Stiles' Mind

"Look at that. Do you see that? She's bleeding." Melissa noticed a strange nosebleed on the strawberry blonde.

"I'm not sure that's a good idea," Deaton stopped her from heading forward, but he couldn't stop Peter, who headed straight for Lydia.

"What's happening?" cried Melissa.