24: Goodbyes

The McCall House

Later That Morning

Scott and Malia went to bed after they returned from Malia's old house, mostly so they could cuddle. They didn't kiss much; it was mostly just Scott, pressing comforting kisses to Malia's forehead or cheeks. She couldn't stop thinking about them.

"Stop it," murmured Scott, moving Malia's head so that she was looking at him again. "You can't blame yourself for all of those deaths, Lee."

"Lee," Malia smiled at the new nickname. "I like it. But if I'd only gotten to the battle quicker, then Allison wouldn't have been fighting the Oni with only you, Isaac, and Kira - "

"Malia, I know I didn't really know her for long, but the first thing she said to me was she helped protect the pack," Scott told Malia. "It seems like this would be exactly the way she would've wanted to die."

"She shouldn't have died at all!" Malia sobbed into his chest, her heart aching for her sister - not by blood, but by pack.

"And I didn't know Aiden - well, at all, really, but it seems like he died a hero," Scott told her.

"That's the problem," sobbed Malia. "I should've given him that chance, maybe if he was in the pack, he would've been stronger - he would've survived - "

"There's still Ethan," Scott told her.

"I - I know," murmured Malia, "but I want to wait for him to come to me."

As though it were magic, the doorbell rang, and Malia aimlessly got up and descended the staircase, expecting to see Ethan.

Instead, she saw Isaac and Argent.

"Isaac?" she asked, glancing to the curly-haired blonde, who was wearing a sad smile on his face.

"Hey, Malia," he whispered. "I - I'm going with Argent to France."

"Oh," Malia nodded; she had known for a while that Argent was planning to visit his mansion in Paris, France, and that he would probably be there for the entire summer, if not longer. In fact, after Allison, Malia suspected it would take an emergency for the hunter to return to Beacon Hills. "For the summer?"

"No," Isaac told her sadly. "I just - I can't be here, without her, Malia! She was my first love, my true love, everywhere I go, I see her! It's like pain you could never imagine!"

Malia thought of when she had realized that Stiles, the boy she had been in love with, was still in love with Lydia. "I can try," she whispered quietly. "So you're going to France?" Her voice broke.

Isaac nodded silently, opening his arms, and Malia rushed into them for a hug. "You'll always be part of my pack, Isaac," she promised him, sobbing. "You'll never be an omega, you just call, and we'll be there. Okay?"

"Okay," Isaac told her. "You're an amazing alpha, Malia, don't you ever forget that."

Malia gave him a disbelieving smile, and Isaac shoved her lightly. "You are! I know - I know a lot's happened, Malia, but don't start doubting yourself now." Isaac hesitated. "Tell everyone goodbye for me?"