Midnight Sons #3

You felt the warm sunlight on your face as your eyes creaked open your eyes. You were in one of the guest rooms they had directly adjacent to the dorms.

You threw your blankets off and got dressed, remembering the events of last night. Thinking about the event was...surreal. She really kissed you, does this mean we're, together? I'll ask her about it later.

You hopped downstairs and into the main hall where students were already rushing around to get to their classes. You on the other hand noticed something else.

Eric: Dude, how long does it take you to get up? Unless you were getting lucky, in which case-

Logan: shut. up.

Logan turned to you.

Logan: how're ya' kid?

Y/N: I'm alright, actually better than alright. Heheh...

Magik: well, slick. That's fantastic, because we got a long day ahead of us.

Uhmmm

Y/N: we do?

Eric: oh...ya don't know?

Wait.

Logan: you're going home, kid.

Y/N: b-but we've only been here like-like-

Eric: three weeks.

Damn. He was right, so you were on the road about a week, with magik for about a week and it was almost a three day detour to get Frank, so not exactly three weeks, but close.

Y/N: a-s-so you're w-willing to go with me a-and-

Magik: Y/N, you're my only friend of course I'll take you back and then after a month we'll see what happens, yeah?

There it was again, her soft Russian accent, it made you have this odd feeling in your stomach almost like Anya made you-oh. My. God. I forgot about Anya!!

Shit! What's she thinking about all this, and I-I mean I don't even really like her, I think or well...

Alright no. Can't think of this right now. Stay focused.

Y/N: where would you stay?

That was dumb question.

Magik: wherever the mutants are in five years. I guess.

Oh you got no idea.

Magik: though, there is one thing to tell you.

Y/N: hmm?

Logan rubbed his neck while Eric looked to the floor.

Magik: so from when you got trapped here to now. Rounding up a bit it's been about a month, and while my teleportation is pretty exact, my time travel...not so much. I can get us too the right year, for sure probably the right month, but day is a bit hard.

Y/N: I don't get it, if it's the right month where I'm already gone what does the day matter?

Logan: because Lilith could pluck you mid transit.

Illyana then interjected.

Magik: she's somewhere in that month, I'm just assuming the Midnight sons didn't fully kill her.

Huh?!

Y/N: this is so confusing.

Illyana waltzed over to you before wrapping her arms around your neck.

Eric: ooh nice...

Magik: it'll be ok. Just be ready to fight as soon as we land, wherever we land. Do you trust me?