Chapter 32

Don't forget to vote!

"So... what happened this time?" He asked me while sipping on his own drink.

A sigh escaped from me before I grabbed the glass, turning towards him. "Why does it matter?" I asked him before taking a few sips.

He continued to stare at me, waiting for an answer. "I don't know...you know I don't like new crowds. I told Grayson about how I hated big crowds filled with strangers but he still dragged me over there. Then those two girls were saying random shit so I said what came to mind." I told him before setting the empty glass aside, the bartender filling it up again.

He nodded his head in understanding before looking towards where Grayson and the others were before looking back. "Well, some of them are still looking over here. I guess whatever you said really caught their attention."

"Do I need to go over there?" He then asked me, leaning forward slightly. I don't know why but I found myself leaning towards him, the two of us closer than before.

"No, I already handled it." I told him before sitting back, downing the drink in front of me.

After a few moments he had got up from his seat, me looking at him in confusion.

"What are you doing?" I asked him slowly when he grabbed the refilled glass from my hand, sitting it on the counter.

He then grabbed onto my hand before helping me down from the stool, "Dance with me." Instead of asking like a normal person he's more so demanding it.

Before I could say anything in response we were already heading towards the area where others were dancing to the slow music. As we neared I could feel a few eyes on me but I chose to ignore them. We were now in between several couples. I felt as my heart ached watching how happy most of them looked. The smiles on their faces, how they looked at one another.

The feeling of Xavier's warm hands on my exposed hips brought me out of my daze. When I looked up at him I noticed how he was staring at me weirdly.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked him while wrapping my arms around his waist since I was too short to wrap them around his neck.

"Nothing... you just look so beautiful." He muttered out, now avoiding eye contact.

"I'm sorry, what was that? I couldn't quite hear that." I teased him, him now playfully glaring at me.

He then leaned closer towards me, "I was just admiring how beautiful you look." He whispered out in my ear. I then laid my head on his chest, closing my eyes as we swayed back and forth to the music.

"You don't look that bad yourself." I told him.

"Your smile, your laugh, your voice, your hair, everything about you continues to amaze me. You're an amazing woman with so much power." I felt myself getting emotional from his words.

"I'm sorry. I'm truly sorry that I wasn't there when you needed me, that I didn't believe you. I know that my words will not change what happened in the past and I'm okay with that. I just want you to be happy. I want you to know that I'm not going anywhere. I've already missed enough of our kids' lives. I want to continue to watch them grow, learn new things and watch them graduate. I want them to be comfortable to ask me anything." He spoke out.

"I can imagine it now. Cole will be like me, he's probably gonna stay to himself, not really looking for anyone to date while Reyna will do nothing but attract more and more guys... more for me to kill." He muttered out, causing me to laugh.