Waking up with a head-splitting migraine was maybe one of the worst ways to start a morning.

Actually, no. Losing consciousness in the middle of a conversation with the Raiden Shogun was even worse. Y/N might as well be dead from humiliation.

"You've awaken? Good." Someone said from beside them. Although her voice was monotone, it held a sliver of relief as well.

"S-Shogun?" Y/N attempted to sit up, only for them to nearly fall back if not for the pair of hands helping them.

"Do not strain yourself, you're quite unwell."

"I'm fine, I'll be fine—" a frenzy of coughs made their statement even more unconvincing.

"Did you stay with me since I passed out?" They managed to choke out.

"Yes, a few of my retainers already prepared an easy to digest meal for you, along with medicine." She said, pulling the aforementioned meal onto her lap. "Are you able to you eat?"

Y/N weakly nodded, and the Shogun scooped some rice porridge onto a spoon before lifting it close to their lips.

Her action caused the ever so charming Y/N to blush furiously. "Uh... um, I can do it myself—"

"I insist, I doubt you can even lift your arms with how sickly you are."

Without another word, Y/N complied and opened their mouth, letting the Shogun spoon feed them. The porridge was warm and not too hot to burn their tongue.

The shogun continued to (lovingly) feed them until they finished the bowl of rice porridge. Y/N chugs down the tea handed to them, grimacing at the bitter aftertaste.

It didn't compare to the medicine, however.

Y/N began to nod off as the shogun pulled the blanket up to their neck. She was about to take her leave, when, she felt a soft tugging on her kimono.

"Stay, please." Y/N whispered, pleading.

"I'm afraid I cannot. I have a matter to attend to."

"Can't it wait?"

"No."

"I don't want to be left alone." This time, the puppet picked up on how their voice cracked, they must be starting to become delirious from fever.

"I apologize, I can't comply with your request. But you needn't worry, once I finish attending the matter, I'll come back to care for you." She explained softly, kneeling down next to them and brushing a few strewn strands of hair away from Y/N's face. "In the meantime, I will have someone to temporarily care for you."

"Okay.." they murmur, beginning to doze off once more.

Pulling her hand away, the shogun lets a brief smile ghost her face. "Rest well, Y/N."

***

"So let me get this straight," Miko mused. "You want me to take care of Y/N while you attend the Vision Hunt Ceremony, correct?"

"Correct," the puppet confirmed. "The one within insisted that you care for them."

"Oh, so this is her idea." The priestess realized. "And here I thought she finally stopped locking herself and came to see me, what a shame."

"Hm, alright. I'll comply and care for sweet Y/N." She agreed. "But, don't throw a tantrum when I start claiming them for myself, Ei, if you're even listening."