"Don't you have like, Guuji duties piled up Miko?" Y/N asked the fox envoy, who was comfortably snuggled up in their arms in her fox form. The two had been cuddled up on the engawa in Tenshukaku, Miko refusing to leave their side. She had been extra clingy to them lately, even going so far as trying to follow them inside the bathroom.

"I've assigned all of my duties to the shrine maidens for a couple of days, so I have plenty of time to spend with my favorite person." She replied, opening her purple hues to meet their gaze.

"We've been sitting here for almost two hours now... can I please move?"

"Hmm... no."

"Please?? I reaaaally need to go—"

"Fine fine, but make it quick." Once Miko hopped off their arms, Y/N quickly leaped to their feet and ran to the restroom.

After they did their business, they returned to the fox envoy's side, letting her climb onto them once more.

"Hey, Miko?"

She hummed in acknowledgment, her ears attentively perking up.

"Would it be okay if I checked up on Sara? I haven't spoken to her since what happened, and I need to know how she's been faring."

Miko whined, shaking her head as a way to say 'no'.

"But Miko, I need to know if she's okay. After her family's misdeeds, I worry that she might do something drastic. Please? I promise to spoil you with my attention and fried tofu after."

"...I hate that you know how to sway me so easily." Her ears drooped. "Alright, you can go see her, but I'm going with you."

"Thank you!" Y/N lifted her up to give her an Eskimo kiss, much to Miko's dissatisfaction.

"That's all?"

"Wat?"

The fox pouted, whining in their hold. "Kiss me, you coward."

Rolling their eyes at her bratty behavior, Y/N retorted. "Am I? You're the one hiding in your tiny form."

POOF!

Miko reverted back into her human form— with clothes this time, puffing her cheeks at her otherworldly lover. "Kiss m—"

Y/N didn't let her finish her words, sweeping in to give her a tender peck on the lips. Upon feeling their lips on hers, Miko kissed back, cupping both their cheeks and attempted to deepen the kiss.

Before she could do so, however, they pulled back with a mischievous grin, blocking a hand on her lips. "Nuh-uh little fox, you're going to have to wait till you can escalate further than just a simple kiss."

Lick.

"Miko, wat da fu—"

***

Making their way to the Kujou Residence, Y/N glanced down at the smol fox envoy in their arms.

"Can you tell me why you like being in my arms so much?"

"Because I get to feel your biceps," she answered shamelessly. "And have your chest on my face."

"What did you say?"