Things began to settle down in Inazuma after the abolishment of the Vision Hunt Decree. Visions were returned to their rightful owners, citizens were finally living in peace, and the once closed-off nation is slowly opening its borders to the outside world.

While the nation is still healing from it all, it was progress nonetheless. These wouldn't have been achieved without Yae Miko, or the Honorary Knight's help. But, the one who truly managed to convince the master of the Plane of Euthymia was none other than the Mysterious Outlander. Really, if they hadn't arrived in Inazuma that faithful day, or caught the eye of the Electro Archon beforehand, the nation wouldn't have been this peaceful as it was.

"It's been one heck of a trip here in Inazuma, huh Y/N?" the small fairy mused, floating beside them as they strolled along the path to the marketplace. Aether decided to leave his guide on the hands of his parent, while he enjoyed a 'not-so-date' with the Kamisato Princess somewhere.

"It sure has," they agreed, nodding. "I still can't believe I had to fight Ei in her domain expansion thing, but hey, at least I left there unscathed. It would be nice if I could spar with her sometime."

"Aww, Paimon wished that she could've watched you fight... By the way, Paimon's been wondering; is something really going on between you and Yae Miko?"

"For me I don't think so," they answered. "Miko's just being Miko, flirty as ever. So I don't really think I'm all that special. You should've seen her conversation with Ei, though. It was so fruity."

"Fruity? What does that mean?"

"Ah right, those types of slangs don't really exist here. Well, I meant that they were acting like a couple."

"Ohh, Paimon understands now!"

"I keep forgetting that this world isn't as advanced as others," Y/N said. "Like technology, I thought I couldn't survive this place when I found out there was no phones here. How am I going to sate my TikTok addiction?" Their ramble become incoherent, and with words that Paimon's never heard in her life before, she lost track on what they were saying.

Nodding her head here and there, Paimon pretended she understood what Aether's parent was talking about. The fairy's attention soon shifted to a delicious aroma wafting in the air, the two of them have reached the marketplace.

"Hey, Y/N!" Paimon tugged at their clothing, pointing at one of the many food stalls littered around. "You promised Paimon that you'll reward her with food, right?"

"Yeah, I did." They confirmed, handing her the hefty bag of mora. "Feel free to eat to your heart's content, I don't mind if you burn through all of it."

"Yay! You're the best, Y/N!!" The fairy cheered, leaving their side and towards one of the stalls with the comically large pouch of mora dangling in her hand.

Y/N chuckled, following the fairy closely behind. Somehow, the fairy's enthusiasm reminded them of the younger version of Lumine and Aether. Ah, the good 'ol memories...

"Y/N, it's your turn to cook their meals~" an old voice echoed, a blurry flash of their face appearing in Y/N's mind.

Shaking their head, they sighed. They shouldn't dwell in the past, that old friend is long gone, and it's time to move on.

The outlander watched as Paimon went from stall to stall, buying a ridiculous amount of food. Seeing as they weren't needed, they opted to looking around Yae Publishing House.

"The good thing about reincarnated as a hilichurl, is that I only need to eat sunsettias to get stronger..." Y/N read the book title aloud, an amused smile making its way on their face. "Huh, why does it sound like this author is throwing some shade on the reincarnated genre?"