Chapter 11

Louis' Pov:

The steady beat of the heart monitor is what woke me up. I slowly open my eyes, squinting when the bright light blurs my vision. I blink my eyes a couple times so that they adjust. I go to look around the room but suddenly a sharp, throbbing pain shoots through the side of my head. 

I whimper in pain and bring my left hand up to touch the sore spot. I touch around my head a bit, feeling what I think is a bandage stuck to the side of my head.

"Oh no sweetheart, don't touch that." A nurse says, walking into the room. 

"Sorry." I whisper quietly.

She gives me a warm smile and walks over to me. She begins to change the bandage on my head and I hiss in pain. She pulls the original bandage off my head and my eyes widen at the amount of dry blood on it. 

"What happened?" I asked, not remembering anything that could've caused this.

"You don't remember?" She asks.

I furrow my brows and shake my head no. Did something happen? 

Before either of us could say anything more the door to the room bursts open and in walks Zayn with Niall trailing behind him, munching on a bag of crisps. Of course. I cringe at the loud sound of the door banging against the wall, I have a really bad headache. 

Niall plops himself down on one of the chairs and happily carries on eating his chips while Zayn crouches down beside me. I attempt to move closer to him, searching for comfort but the wires attached to my body keep me in place.

"No Lou, you can't move around ok?" Zayn says gently.

I look at him with teary eyes. I don't know what's happened, I'm in a lot of pain and I don't feel safe. 

"I-I just w-wanna be closer t-to you." I whimper.

"You can't move around ok sweetheart? But I'm sure your friend can sit next to you on the bed, as long as he's careful." The nurse offers, trying to keep me calm.

Zayn stands up and slowly lowers himself down on the bed next to me, being careful not to hurt me in anyway. Once he is in a comfy possession I lean closer to him and rest my head against his right shoulder. He rubs his hand up and down my back in a soothing manner, calming me down.

I close my eyes and sniffle a couple times. We continue this for a little while longer until I'm settled fully and the odd little sniffle here and there.

"You ok Lou?" Zayn asks.

I nod my head slowly so that I don't make my headache worse. 

"Y-yeah, I'm just a little confused cause I don't really remember what happened." 

He looks up at the nurse with a worried look on his face. 

 I can hear feet shuffling outside the room and quiet whispers before Mr. Styles, the Principle, and my older brother? walks in. 

What's he doing here?

I meet eyes with Mr. Styles but quickly look down before he can see the blush forming on my cheeks. I look up again to see him still looking at me, I hide my face in the side of Zayn's shoulder. For some reason Mr. Styles makes me feel funny inside but in a good way. It makes me feel good. 

"Hello gentlemen." The nurse greets the two men. 

"As I was about to say, there is a high chance of Mr. Tomlinson having a slight case amnesia after he took that big blow to the head." The nurse explains. 

"H-How long do you think it'll last?" Mr. Styles asks.

The nurse shrugs. 

"It won't be too series and from the looks of it, he just can't remember what caused him to be hospitalized." The nurse explains "So probably only a couple of days, maybe weeks." She grabs her clipboard, a container full of medication, and then walks out of the room.

"I'm hungry." Niall states.

All heads in the room turn towards Niall. He looks back at us and shrugs.

"What?"

"Seriously Niall? Louis is in the hospital with amnesia and all you can think about is food?" Zayn asks, sounding a bit annoyed. 

"What? A mans gotta eat." He tells us innocently.

"Niall! For Gods sake, you literally just finished an entire bag of chips by yourself and your still hungry? You made me pick up Nando's for you on the way here and ate both mine AND your food." Zayn sounds feed up.

Niall shrugs, licks his lips and pats his belly. 

Zayn roles his eyes but before he can say anything else, Caine jumps up and wraps his arm around Niall.

"Come on buddy, I'll get you something to eat." He breathes out.

Niall's whole face lights up excitedly and he drags Caine out of the room. I can hear him listing all the things he wants to get and Caine humming along. I chuckle quietly. 

Oh Niall.

-------------------------

Question of the chapter: Favorite word and why?