Chapter 16

Louis' Pov:

"I'll see you after school, same spot to pick you up and call me if anything happens ok?" 

I nod and say goodbye to Zayn before jumping out of his car and walking towards the school gates. I can feel my nerves starting to get to me as I enter the school building but shake them off and continue towards my locker.

I can do this.

Right. Up first, social studies.

- Skip to end of social studies -

Once the bell rings I quickly get out my phone to check my timetable. Ok so next I've got... English.

Oh.

I gather up all my books and make my way down the hallway towards Mr. Styles' English class. Once inside the classroom I take my seat at the back of the class. Once the whole class is seated at their desks Mr. Styles walks over to the door and closes it before walking back to his desk and picks up a large stack of books.

"Ok so, for this term we will be-"

At that moment Mr. Styles looks up he scans the class until our eyes meet one another. He cuts himself off mid sentence and keeps our eyes locked together. A hint of shock and surprise flashed over his face before he furrows his brows and relaxes his face.

I give him a shy smile before looking back down at my desk. I hear him clear his throat and then his heavy foot steps walking around class. After a little while there's a thick novel book place on my desk in front of me. "To Kill a Mockingbird" 

Hmm.

I look up at Mr. Styles who looking right back at me with a gentle smile. 

"Glad to have you back."

He then carries on around the classroom handing out a copy of the book to everyone. I can feel my checks heating up and the butterflies fluttering around in my tummy. That smile of his gets me every day. 

"This term we will be reading 'To Kill a Mockingbird' together as a class. We will read set chapter during class time and no one is to read ahead. Task will be set each week, some will be questions about the book you have to answer and others will be project like tasks."

That doesn't sound too bad.

"Any questions?" Mr. Styles asks, scanning his eyes around the room. 

"NO? Ok then." Mr. Styles claps his hands together and sits down in his chair. 

"Before I forget I'll do the roll now." Mr. Styles calls everyone's name out, only two people away today.

"Right, do I have any volunteers to read the first page?"

Oh no. Please don't pick me.

"Daniel, how about you?"

"Um no, I'm good thanks." Daniel replies.

"Oh come on, just give it a go." Mr. Styles encourages him. 

Daniel just shakes his head no and sink further into his chair. 

Mr. Styles lets out a sigh but doesn't press him any further. "Louis, what about you?"

I freeze in my seat. No, no, no. 

All heads turn to me and my checks turn red in embarrassment.

"W-what?"

"Why don't you come up here an read the first page or so of the book." 

"O-ok."

I stand up on shaky legs and make my way to the front of the class with my book in hand. I turn around and look at the whole class who are just staring at me. I open the book and look down at the words.