Fourteen

Grace had been back for a few days now. She felt tense being there. She felt like she and Aubree weren't wanted there. Especially since Shannon had left and it was revealed that the twins weren't Tom's.

When she woke that morning, she had Aubree in bed with her. She smiled and kissed the top of her head. "I got you baby girl. I promise."

Grace looked to her phone as it beeped. She saw a text from Tom;

'Can I see Aubree please? - Tom x'

Grace felt bad for him. Despite how he had acted when Aubree had been born, Grace knew she couldn't take his daughter from him. She quickly replied back;

'Of course, come over when you're ready - Grace x'

Once she sent the text, she climbed out of bed with Aubree. She looked at her. "Your daddy is coming to see you today. Wonder how well that will go," she said.

****

Eddie looked up as Grace walked in. He smiled and took Aubree. "Is everything okay?" He asked as he kissed the top of Aubree's head.

Grace nodded. "Tom is coming to see Aubree. I feel bad for him. Because of what Shannon did to him. Imagine thinking you had twins and it's revealed that they're not yours," she mumbled.

Eddie smiled and nodded. "He has Aubree. Just let him be in her life and it'll be okay. I feel bad for Tom. Shannon shouldn't have done that. But he will find someone new. Maybe even you," he said.

Grace shook her head and smiled. "No. Too much happened there between me and him. I just... I don't know how to feel. I want him there for Aubree. But he slept with Shannon when we were together."

Eddie nodded. Understanding where Grace was coming from. But he was proud of how she was being mature by letting Tom see their daughter.

****

Tom arrived at the house. Grace let him and smiled. "I'm so sorry for what happened. You didn't deserve that," she told him as she saw the tears on his face.

"Thanks."

Tom walked into the living room. He saw Eddie sitting on the floor with Aubree. Tom felt tears overcome him. He smiled. "Hello darling," Tom said as he picked her up.

Eddie looked to Grace. "I'll give you some time. I'll go and fetch some stuff for dinner tonight."

"Thanks dad."

Eddie soon left leaving Grace and Tom alone. Tom sighed. "Focusing on the twins, I never realised how beautiful she was. She really is perfect," he said as she held her close.

Grace smiled and nodded. "She really is. I don't even know she's here half the time. She's so quiet," she told him.

"I promise. I'm going to be there more for her. She's my little girl and I went in her life. If that's okay?"

Grace smiled as she took hold of his hand. "You don't even have to ask. She's yours Tom. There's no question about that. Look at her eyes. They're yours. You can see her whenever you want. And when she's gotten used to you, you can have her overnight."

Tom smiled and nodded. He kissed the top of Aubree's head. He knew he had to make it right with Grace. For Aubree's sake.

****

Eddie came back that night and smiled. He looked at Grace. "Little Bee asleep?" He asked.

"Yeah. Tom tired her out."

Eddie smiled and nodded. He knew that everything for Grace hadn't been easy. But he had to hope she could stay on track with everything that was about to be thrown her way.