Nine

Things were getting more tense between Grace and Shannon. Rachel and Eddie were both torn between their girls.

When Grace went downstairs, she grabbed her breakfast and went to the living room. She didn't want to be around anyone.

Grace was considering moving out. She hated how no one in the house cared about her. No one in the house knew about her miscarriage scare the previous week. Only Max knew about it.  Luckily, the doctors had managed to save the baby.

Rachel walked into the living room. "Is everything alright love?" She asked.

"Yeah. Fine."

Rachel nodded and she sat with Grace. "Eddie and I. We're both torn between you and Shannon. You're having the one baby while she's having two. She needs more help."

Grace got angry. "I get it! You care more about her than you do me! So just piss off and go be a better mum to Shannon and forget all about me!" She screamed. She threw her plate on the floor and walked out.

***
Grace sat in a park by the school. The doctor had told Grace she needed to take it easy and not get stressed. She couldn't help it though. Her own family preferred Shannon to her.

Grace felt twinges in her stomach. She tried to ignore it. She didn't want to think that she was possibly losing her baby girl.

***
Eddie drove Rachel and Shannon into school. Eddie knew how badly Grace was being affected by Shannon being pregnant with twins.

When they arrived at school, they hoped that they would see Grace. She wasn't there though. "Eddie, where is she?" Rachel asked.

"I don't know Rach. She'll turn up."

***
Grace had text Max. She needed him to pick her up.

When Max arrived, he didn't look happy. "I was in work," he said.

"S-Sorry. But my stomach is hurting slightly," Grace said.

Max sighed. "I thought you were told to take it easy," he said.

"I was. But everyone seems more preoccupied with Shannon. I can't do it anymore Max. I can't stay there," Grace sobbed.

Max held her close. He knew how badly she was struggling. "Look, why don't you come and stay with me for a few days?" He asked.

"You'd want that?"

Max nodded. "A few days away might do you good," he said.

***
Max dropped Grace off by the school. "If you need me then call me," he said. He kissed Grace before he drove off.

Grace went into school and was immediately pulled into the office. "What the hell are you playing at? You can't just walk out!" Rachel yelled.

Grace scoffed. "Yes I can. I'm sick of being ignored just cause that bitch is having twins! I wish I was still in rehab!".

Rachel and Eddie were both shocked. They didn't know that they had been ignoring Grace. Eddie spoke. "We're sorry. We'll try to be there for you both."

Grace shook her head. "No you won't. You'll say that to keep me sweet but within three days, you'll be back up Shannon's ass. I'm officially over it."

***
Grace went to lesson. She saw Tom and Shannon. They were acting lovey dovey. It broke her heart. She went inside. "Don't worry. You're both welcome to each other. I'm done with it now."

"Gr-"

Grace glared. "Have a nice life Shannon. Hope he was worth losing me for," she said.

***
Max sat in his office and thought. He knew Grace could only stay with him for a few days due to Jennifer coming back. He grabbed his phone and text Grace.

"Still fancy staying a few days? - Mxx"
"Yes! If you don't mind me and the bump - Gxx"
"Course not - Mxx"

***
Grace grinned. She was falling for Max. She knew she had lied and said she was in her final year at school but she knew he wouldn't ever find that out.

She looked up as Shannon came in. "Look, Tom and I, we're getting along for the twins. They need their parents to get on."

"Oh? And my baby just needs me?! Is that what you're saying?" Grace spat.

Shannon sighed. "Well you're not making an effort with Tom are you? So maybe that's all you want her to have. Just you," she said.

Grace tried to hide her tears. She stood up and looked at Shannon. "You stay away from me. You stay away from my little girl."

***
Grace went back home. She began to pack what she would need at Max's for a few days. She couldn't wait to get a break away from Shannon, Eddie and Rachel. They were stressing her out.

When Grace had packed, she grabbed her phone and text Max.

"Can I meet you after school with my bag? - Gxx"
"Sure. I'll pick you up - Mxx"
"Thank you - Gxx"

Grace knew she would be in trouble when she finally came home but she didn't care. She didn't want to be around them. Not anymore.

***
Max picked up Grace and smiled. "Let's go."

"Can't wait."

Four days later.

Grace woke to a text message. She looked and saw a text from Eddie.

"Ava-Mae and Aiden-Lucas. Born 5lb2oz. Aren't they adorable?  Come home Grace - Exx"

Grace never replied to the text. She cuddled into Max. "Morning beautiful," he said as he pulled her close. He placed a light kiss to her lips.

"My sister had her twins. Ava-Mae and Aiden-Lucas," Grace mumbled. She cuddled into Max.

"Is that a good thing?"

"They're my little girl's half siblings as well as their cousin," she mumbled.

***
After four days, Grace was finally going home. She didn't want to be around Shannon or the twins though. She knew she would have to be.

Max drove Grace to her house. "If you need me, then call me."

Grace kissed him passionately and went inside. Immediately, she heard the cries of a baby. "Grace! Come and meet the new arrivals," Eddie said.

Grace shook her head. "No thanks."

There was suddenly a knock at the door. Eddie answered it. "Delivery for Grace Mason?"

"That's me."

The delivery guy smiled. "Where do you want this baby stuff? Some of it is quite expensive."

Eddie looked at Grace. "Where did this come from?"

Grace smiled. "My boyfriend got it for me. Told him how much my little girl was being ignored so he bought me the best."

***
When the stuff had been set up, Grace sat in her bedroom. She got a text from Max.

"Hope you liked the baby stuff. More to come - Mxx"
"You're truly the best! - Gxx"

Grace smiled slightly. She knew if she had Max then she could get through the pregnancy. She just didn't know that things were going to go wrong very soon.