Sixteen

Grace smiled as she woke up in bed next to Aubree. She smiled as she looked to her little girl.

Grace knew how hard that things were since Shannon had left and she hated it. she knew Aubree was her little girl. And how she wanted to focus on her.

Grace sat up from the bed as she started to get ready. She got Aubree ready. She smiled as she looked to her little girl.

Grace felt anxious. She knew that she was lying to Lola. She felt bad. She knew that Lola was a good person and her friend. She hated that she was doing this.

It wasn't fair to her or Aubree. And she knew Aubree was starting to look more and more like Tom.

Grace got to school and sighed as she saw Max. She knew how complicated that things were with her and Max. Especially since Shannon. She knew that she missed him and she hated it.

Grace and Max made eye contact as she walked off. She walked over to where Tom was. She looked to him.  "Hi baby," Tom said as he picked Aubree up and held her close.

"We need to talk Tom. I can't keep this hidden. Lola is pregnant. She deserves the truth. You need to do it as I can't lie anymore," Grace said as Tom looked to her and sighed.

He knew that she was right.  "I will. I'll talk to her later," Tom said as Grace sighed.

She felt relieved as she hated keeping secrets. Especially after everything that happened with Shannon.

****

Grace walked into the common room. She smiled as she saw Lola. She walked over. She sat next to her. She looked to her. "Are you okay? You look tried," Grace commented.

Lola looked to her and smiled.  "I am. But it's the baby. The whole idea of having a baby. That and making it work. It scares me. But I do want to do this," Lola said.

Grace looked to her and smiled.  "I get that. I get that you are scared. But it will be okay. You will make it work," Grace said as Lola smiled.

Grace knew how she hated the situation that they were in. She knew how she just wanted everything to be okay.

She knew that the last thing that she wanted was to lose her friendship with Lola because of this.

****

Grace stood in the corridor. She looked to see Max as he walked towards her. Max looked to her and smiled. "How are you doing?" He asked.

Grace looked up at him. She smiled and nodded. "I'm good," she said.

"I know how things have been. But I wanted you to know I am here for you. I miss you Grace. We were getting close," Max said.

Grace smiled. "I miss you too," she said.

"Maybe we can do something some time," Max said as Grace looked to him and smiled.

Grace knew that she did miss him. But she had no idea how her whole life was about to change.