Six

Grace walked out of rehab. She smiled and pulled her suitcase behind her.
"Good to be back," Grace said to herself. She climbed in a taxi and got to the house. She dropped off her suitcase but decided to walk to Waterloo Road.

Grace got to Waterloo Road. Everyone was in lessons. Grace had gotten a stay strong tattoo while she was in rehab. They agreed to it when they were convinced it would help Grace.
Grace rubbed her small bump. It wasn't obvious she was pregnant. She was three months gone.

Grace took a deep breath before going into the office. She knocked the door. "Come."

Grace opened the door and smiled. "Look who's back," she said.
Rachel smiled up at her. "Grace?"
"It's me," she said. Rachel hugged her daughter tightly. Grace hugged back.

Rachel sat her down and gave her some coffee.
"How was it?" Rachel asked. Grace took a sip of the coffee.
"It was good. It really helped me. I feel stronger," Grace said.
"That's brilliant honey."
Grace nodded. "Yeah. Being there opened my eyes. I have to stay off drugs and focus on my future."
Rachel smiled. "Eddie and Shannon have missed you."
"That's good."

Grace walked to lesson. She had newly dyed hair. She went into Tom's class. "G-Grace."
Grace smiled. "Hiya."
Tom grinned. He wanted to kiss her but knew he couldn't due to being in school.
"Come in. Your seat is still free beside Shannon," Tom said. Grace smiled and sat down. Tom handed her a spare classwork book.

Shannon hugged Grace tightly.
"Thank you so much for getting better," Shannon said. Grace smiled. She showed Shannon her tattoo.
"What do you think?" Grace asked.
"That's beautiful. I love the way it's so you can see it," Shannon said. Grace smiled.
"You should get one!" Grace said.
Shannon shook her head. "No. I'm terrified of needles."
"I was too. I had to get it done."

During the lesson, Tom kept staring at Grace. He noticed she had a slight glow.
Shannon smiled at Grace. "There's something different about you Grace. You seem healthier and have a glow."
"I have to show you something. You can't tell anyone!"
"What's that?" Shannon asked.
"I'll show you after the lesson," Grace promised.

The bell rang and Grace took Shannon to common room. They were alone.
"You okay?" Shannon asked.
"I'm pregnant," Grace said. Shannon smiled widely.
"Really?"
Grace nodded. "Yep."
Shannon hugged Grace tightly.
"Who's the father?" Shannon asked.
"Just somebody I've been seeing."
Shannon smiled. "Does he know?"
"No."

Shannon went to class. Grace stayed in the common room. She rubbed her stomach. "Mummy can't wait to meet you."

Tom walked into the common room. "Well hello there gorgeous."
"Mr Clarkson."
Tom sat down with Grace. Tom held her. Grace cuddled into him.
"I love you," Tom said
"I missed you," Grace told him avoiding what Tom said.
"I missed you too."

Tom seen Grace's tattoos.
"New?" Tom asked. Grace smiled and nodded. She showed him them.
"They're to help me," Grace said. Tom rubbed the tattoos gently and kissed them.
Grace grinned. "I hope you haven't got some new bitch," she said.
"Course not. I passed the time by self-release."
Grace burst out laughing. "Oh Tom. You make me giggle."

Grace walked to class. She grinned at Eddie. "Sight for sore eyes right?"
"Grace!"
Eddie hugged her tightly. Grace kissed his cheek.
"Hello," Grace said. Eddie smiled.
"How are you?"
"I'm really well. It truly helped me out."
Eddie smiled wider. He hugged her again.

Grace sat down with Shannon.
"I've missed you all so much," Grace said.
"We missed you too. There wasn't a day where we didn't think of you," Shannon told her.
Grace smiled. "I missed you all too."
"You excited for your baby?"
"Yeah. She's a fresh start."
"She?"
Grace grinned. "I'm hoping my baby is a little girl. The counsellor's all helped me see that my baby is a blessing after a rough few months."

The lesson passed slowly. Grace rubbed her stomach. Shannon noticed. "Is everything okay?"
"Yeah."
Grace had stomach pains. She gripped Shannon's arm.
"I'm in a bit of pain," Grace said.
"Just relax," Shannon said. She gave Grace her hand so she could squeeze it when in pain.

During maths Grace was trying to relax. Every time she got a pain she squeezed Shannon's hand.
"Do you need me to take you to the hospital after maths?" Shannon asked.
Grace shook her head. "I just have to get a hot water bottle."
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah."

The lesson had ended. Shannon walked Grace to the nurse. "I have to go to my class."
Grace nodded. She went inside.

*a few days later*
Grace went into school. She was being stared at by everyone. Shannon walked over. "You might need to leave."
"Why?"
"Everyone is saying you're back on the drugs," Shannon told her. Grace got angry but tried to stay calm for the baby.
"Thanks for letting me know," Grace said.

Shannon took her to Tom's room. Tom didn't believe the rumours.
"You okay?" Tom asked.
"Not really," Grace mumbled.
Tom sighed. "Don't listen to them. People who know you know the truth. We have assembly first thing."
Suddenly, Grace had an idea for how to put the record straight.
Shannon walked out. Tom went over to Grace and put his arms around her waist. "I don't believe it you know."
"Yeah. I know."
Tom started kissing her neck. "Maybe you could come over tonight?"
Grace shrugged.

The assembly began. Grace walked in. She went up onto the stage. "Grace? What the hell are you doing?" Rachel asked.
"I would like to say something," Grace said. Everyone went silent. Shannon nodded at Grace. Grace smiled.
"I'm pregnant. I am not on drugs because if I was, it would risk my baby," Grace said. Everyone was shocked.

Tom had a feeling it could be his baby. Rachel was speechless.
"So we can all stop these silly rumours now. I'll even take a piss and swab test to prove I'm not," Grace said. Shannon sniggered hearing Grace say that.
Grace quickly walked out of the hall. She went outside and took a deep breath. Tom came out. "Grace."
"Oh. Don't you start on me cause I don't need it!"
Tom took her hand. "Is that my baby?"
Grace just nodded.

Rachel and Eddie ran out. "Grace, what the hell was that about? You're faking pregnancy to avoid being accused of drugs?" Rachel yelled.

Grace had had enough. She took out the baby scan and threw it at her mum. "You got your wish! I'm not having this baby!" Grace yelled.

Before anything could be said, Grace walked from school. She went to a club.
Grace sat down.
"Can I get you something?" someone asked. Grace looked at him. She thought he was gorgeous.
"Ehm... no..." Grace mumbled. The man sat down with her.
"I'm Max," he said.
"Grace," she replied.

Grace and Max began talking.
"Come back to my house," Max said. Grace grinned.
"Sure."

Grace wanted to take her mind off everything. Max seemed like the perfect chance to do it. As Max drove, he placed a hand on Grace's thigh.
Grace smiled. "You seem like an amazing guy."
"Well. I guess I could be."

Rachel looked at the baby scan. "That's my grandchild."
Eddie sighed. "Grace wouldn't have lied about this."
"I know."

Grace arrived at Max's. He took her hand and took her inside. "I think you're beautiful," he said.
"I'm not."
"You are," Max said. He began kissing her neck.
"I need you."

Max took Grace to the bedroom. He had just recently got rid of Jennifer and the divorce had came through.
"You're the only beautiful girl I've had," Max said. He didn't think Jennifer was beautiful compared to Grace.

Max stripped Grace gently.
"God, you're beautiful," Max commented. Grace smiled.
"Don't lean on my stomach. I'm not... feeling well," Grace said.
"No problem. You can be on top," Max said. Grace grinned.
Grace straddled him. She bent over to kiss him. "You're the only guy I've had in a while."
"Good."

Tom went over to Rachel's. He wanted to see Grace. When he got there, Grace wasn't answering. He needed to convince her to not get rid of their baby.

Max and Grace had been making out. Things were getting heated and passionate. "What about protection?" Grace asked.
"You're on top - shouldn't get pregnant," Max said. Grace nodded. Max could tell that she wasn't happy.
"Let me get one," Max said. Grace smiled and nodded.

Max went to the bathroom and came back with the condom. Grace smiled and got the condom. She laid Max down and stripped him. She swallowed hard seeing the size of him.
"Can I put the condom on?" Grace asked. Max nodded. Grace opened it and rolled it on gently. Max smiled.
Grace grinned and kissed him. "You're so big."
"Thanks. I aim to please."
Grace giggled. She knew if Max didn't apply pressure on her stomach, she would be okay. "Do you wanna be on top?"
"Your stomach?"
Grace shrugged. She kissed him and flipped them.

Grace and Max were teasing each other. Grace felt him doing things Tom never did. "You're so amazing," Grace mumbled.
Max smiled. "So are you."
Grace pulled him close as she felt him pushing in.
"Damn, you fill me up," Grace said. Max smirked.

Max went gentle and tried not to apply pressure on her stomach.
"Go a bit harder," Grace said. Max nodded and kept going as hard as he could. Grace dug her nails deep into his back.

Max groaned as he felt Grace mark his skin.
"You need your nails cut babe," Max said.
"You like it like this," Grace told him.
Max smirked and nodded. "You're right."
"Always am."
Grace giggled. They started kissing passionately.

Shannon and Eddie went over to Rachel's. "Hasn't she come back yet?"
"No. Eddie, she's pregnant and she's not here. What if she's overdosed somewhere?" Rachel asked.
Eddie sighed. "You heard what she said. She wouldn't touch the drugs. She wants to keep her baby healthy."

Max and Grace collapsed beside each other.
"Damn. I've never climaxed that hard," Grace admitted.
"Me too."

Grace and Max made out again. Grace felt his hand.
"Mmm, I think I should go before people start looking for me," Grace said. Max sighed

Shannon cuddled into Eddie. She was worried about Grace. Shannon hated that Rachel had overreacted with Grace.
"Will she come home soon?" Shannon asked.
"Of course sweetie," Eddie said.
Grace walked in. Rachel immediately went into the hallway. "Where the hell have you been?"
Grace glared. "Shagging some random guy," she spat.
"Are you stoned?!"
"NO!"

Grace went off upstairs. She locked the bedroom door and broke down crying. "Don't worry baby. You'll always have mummy."

Shannon knocked the door.
"Who?" Grace asked.
"Shannon," she mumbled. Grace went over to the door and let her in. She locked the door again

Shannon and Grace cuddled on the bed. Shannon laid a hand on Grace's stomach.
"Eddie and I tried to make Rachel see you weren't on drugs. She wouldn't listen," Shannon admitted. Grace smiled.
"Believe it or not, I don't mind. I got my baby girl and that's what matters," Grace said. Shannon smiled at her.
Shannon sighed. "Where did you go?"
"I went to a club. Didn't drink but met this amazing guy and we had sex," Grace replied.
"Wow. What was his name?"
"Max."

The girls cuddled up and watched a movie. "Any names for your baby?"
"Nope. Hopefully they'll come to me soon."
"Well I think you'll be an amazing mummy."
Grace smiled. "Thanks Shannon. You will be too eventually."
Shannon cuddled into Grace. "I'll be an auntie."
"Just don't give her chocolate when I say no."

Eddie knocked Grace's door.
"Dinner girls," Eddie said. The girls got up and went downstairs. Rachel sat in silence with them.
"Would you like it to be a boy or a girl?" Eddie asked her.
Grace grinned. "A girl."
Eddie smiled. "Can I guess that she'll be cheeky like her mum."
Grace laughed and nodded. "She's going to be my cheeky girl."
Rachel looked up. "You do realise that the baby could be born with an illness due to the drugs you and Jason were on."
Grace fell silent. "Jason isn't her father. It's just some random guy," she mumbled.
"Oh. A baby born from a one night stand!"

Grace was trying to hide her tears. She didn't want her mum to hate her. "I'm sorry."
Eddie glared at Rachel. "Outside now!"
Eddie and Rachel went outside.

Shannon smiled at Grace.
"Eddie bought us food and new dvds. We can have a girly movie night," Shannon said.
Grace smiled slightly. "I would like that."
Shannon finished up her dinner. Grace tried to but was too upset.

Eddie and Rachel were arguing outside.
"Let's go upstairs and get everything ready?" Shannon suggested. Grace nodded and followed her upstairs.
"I know I'm a disappointment Shan. I didn't mean to end up pregnant. It just happened," Grace said.
Shannon smiled. "These things happen."

Rachel went into Grace's room. "You're on house arrest. You don't see anyone outside of school. You don't text anyone. You don't call anyone."
Grace broke down. She couldn't stay strong.
"Leave me alone!" Grace yelled. Shannon didn't want to risk losing Grace. Eddie came upstairs.
"Rach that wasn't what we agreed," Eddie said.
"If you don't like it, move out! Take this one with you too," Rachel said. Shannon and Grace immediately gripped hands. They were refusing to be separated.

Eddie got Rachel downstairs to talk. Grace broke down crying. Shannon held her tightly. Grace gripped Shannon as if she was going to lose her.