Thirteen

A/N - I'm sorry for not updating in so long❤️
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Grace hadn't gone back to Rochdale yet. It had been a few weeks. She knew the police were looking for her so she had dyed her hair. She missed Max and wanted to see him.

When she woke that morning, she decided to text Max and ask if she could see him.

It's Grace. Can you meet me today? I miss you - Grace xx
Of course. Text me when - Max x

Grace smiled slightly. She looked to see Aubree fast asleep and kissed her head. She hated how Tom didn't want to know Aubree.

***
Max knew he needed to tell Eddie and Rachel that Grace had been in contact. But he also knew that if Grace found out, she wouldn't want to see him again.

Max decided to tell Eddie and Rachel. He knew he and Rachel didn't get along. But he wanted Grace safe. He didn't know what he could do.

***
Grace sat in the cafe. She had Aubree asleep in her car seat. The door opened and Eddie walked in. "Grace."

"You are kidding me!"

Grace went to leave when Eddie stopped her. He sat her down and sat opposite him. "Come back. Please. We all miss you. We miss Aubree."

"Oh please. None of you do. You just want me back so you can maintain your loving parent routine," she spat. She had kept Aubree's face hidden away from Eddie.

Eddie sighed. "Please Grace."

"I-I don't know. Do you know how much I was struggling to be a mum? My own baby kept crying when I held her. No one would help me. You were all too busy helping Shannon. I nearly died having Aubree. If I had have died, then what? Would you have put her into care? Left her alone to cry?" Grace asked. She loved and missed her sister.

Eddie shook his head. "We wouldn't have done that. We would have kept her with us. Raised her knowing everything about you," he said.

Grace rolled her eyes. "Well where's mum? It's nice how she's here isn't it?"

"Your mum and I agreed that it was best if I came. You two would argue and nothing would get resolved," he said.

***
Eddie and Grace walked around. Aubree was in Eddie's arms. Grace sighed. "Why should I come back?"

"Because we want you back. We all miss you."

Reluctantly, Grace had agreed to go back home. She knew it was going to be difficult.

***
Eddie pulled up outside the house. He had Grace asleep in the passenger seat. Rachel walked out and sighed in relief. "Thank God."

Eddie sighed. "She's not the same," he said as he took Aubree's car seat out of the car. He looked at Rachel. "Something happened to her."

***
Tom looked up as Eddie came in with Aubree. He walked over to her and took her. "Daddy has missed you."

Grace walked in. She took her baby from Tom and went upstairs. She needed to keep everything hidden. But at what cost?