Seventeen

Grace knew that she was starting to get annoyed. She was getting annoyed at Tom and how he was acting.

She knew that he still hadn't told Lola the truth about Aubree. And how he was her father and she hated it.

Grace knew how she and Lola were close. Lola had become her best friend. And she knew that this was a hell of a secret.

Grace knew that it was a secret that she didn't want to keep. She knew all that had happened lately.

She knew that it wasn't easy. And she knew that the last thing that she wanted was secrets.

Grace knew how it was all too much. She knew it was hard. And how she was sick and tired of keeping secrets and having secrets kept.

She knew that she wanted to be honest and make things work

Grace knew that she wasn't going to deal with Tom keeping secrets.

She knew that so much had happened. She knew that the last thing that she wanted out of the whole situation was for Lola to hate her.

Grace looked to Aubree and smiled. "We need to see your daddy don't we. We need to tell him to man up. Because you're going to have a brother or sister. And you want to know them. Daddy needs to tell auntie Lola the truth doesn't he," she said as Aubree looked to her and babbled away.

Grace knew that she couldn't deal with it all for much longer.

****

Grace got to school. She saw Tom. "We need to talk," she said as she looked to him.

Tom sighed. "Grace please."

"Fine. If you aren't going to listen. We do it this way. You have until the end of the week to tell Lola or I will. That baby is Aubree's sibling. Aubree and that baby deserve to know each other. Lola deserves to know that Aubree is her baby's sibling," Grace said as she walked off.

Tom looked after her and sighed. Knowing he needed to come clean and tell the truth.

Grace walked into the school. She saw max as he looked to her and smiled. "Hey. Are you okay?" He asked.

Grace smiled.  "I'm fine," she said.

Max nodded and smiled. "So do you think that you can get a babysitter this weekend? There is a new restaurant I'd like to take you to," he said as Grace looked to him and smiled.

She knew it was just what she needed. "I can sort something."

"Good," Max said as she smiled.

****

Grace sat in the common room. She looked to see Lola as she walked in. She looked to her and smiled. "Hey. Are you okay?" Grace asked.

Lola sighed. "You tell me. How long were you and Tom going to keep this from me? That he is Aubree's father?" She asked as Grace looked to her and sighed.

She knew that the truth was out. She knew it was what she wanted. But was she ready for the consequences of it all.

All that Grace knew was that everything was about to change.