Ten

Grace woke to the sound of crying. She groaned and went downstairs. Shannon was sitting up with Ava and Aiden.

Shannon looked up as Grace walked in. "Thought you'd be asleep," she commented.

Grace shook her head. "It's hard to sleep when there's a baby crying," Grace said. She  smiled at her niece and nephew. "They're cute."

"Thanks."

***
Grace went back to bed. She saw she had a text from Tom -

You can't keep me away from my kid. I want to see her - T
Sod off. She hasn't been born and you're already being a dick - G
Grace, she's my daughter. I'm being there when she's born - T
Just leave me alone. I want to sleep - G

Grace turned her phone off and sighed. She knew part of her still loved Tom but she wanted to be with Max. She knew she did.

The Next Morning.

Grace went downstairs and saw the twins fast asleep. "They finally stopped screaming?"

"Yeah. 3am this morning. I'm so tired but they're worth it," Shannon said as she hate some breakfast.

Ava and Aiden were both six weeks old. Shannon was going back to school that day. Grace had been having stomach twinges all night.

She was only six months pregnant and knew if she gave birth before nine months, her baby could possibly pass.

***
When the girls were ready, Eddie drove them along with Rachel and the twins. Grace was trying to not cry. The pain was becoming unbearable.

They arrived at school. Grace went to find somewhere. Rachel and Eddie both frowned. "Shannon, is she alright?"

Shannon shrugged. "She looked in pain last night."

Rachel nodded. "I'll have a talk with her."

***
Grace went into registration. Tom walked past and handed her a note -

Grace,
Stay behind after registration. We need to discuss our daughters name and what her last name is going to be.

Grace ignored the note and ripped it up. She smirked at Tom. She grabbed her phone and text Max.

Do you know how much I miss you right now? - Gxx
Missing me? Don't miss me too much. I've got something coming for you tonight - Mxx
You spoil me too much - Gxx
You're worth it beautiful. - Mxx

Grace smiled. She knew she loved Max.

***
Tom made Grace stay behind. He smiled at her. "Any names for our child?" He asked.

Grace nodded. "Either Aubree-Rose or Daisy," she mumbled.

Tom smiled. "Aubree-Rose."

"Cool."

Tom sighed. "Shannon and I are getting on for the sake of twins. Can we get on for the sake of our little girl?"

"No. You shagged my sister while you shagged me. How do you think that made me feel?"

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean it. I don't regret Ava or Aiden."

***
Grace walked out. She could feel the pain getting worse in her back. She felt like she needed to collapse.

Eddie saw her. "Grace? Are you alright?" Eddie asked.

"Y-Yeah I'm f-fine," she mumbled. She tried to walk off but she couldn't. The pain was getting worse.

Suddenly, Grace screamed in pain. She fell to the floor. Eddie grabbed his phone and called 999.

***
Tom heard Grace scream and immediately ran. He saw her sitting on the floor in tears. "What's happened?" He asked.

Eddie looked at him. "We don't know. She's just collapsed."

Grace screamed again. Rachel ran down the corridor with Kim and the nurse. The nurse checked Grace's symptoms. "She needs to get to a hospital. She's giving birth but also having a miscarriage."

Grace broke down crying. She didn't want to lose her little girl. "Will the baby survive?" Tom asked.

"Providing the baby is delivered now then yes. It will survive."

***
The corridor had been sealed off. Grace had been given a blanket. "Tom, I need towels and hot water," Kim said as she took off Grace's pants.

Ton just nodded. He didn't know what to say. Grace was in bits. "Tom!"

***
Shannon didn't know what was going on. Bolton came over. "You ain't heard?" He asked.

"Heard what?"

"Grace has popped in the corridor. She's popping the kid out now," Bolton said.

Shannon was shocked. She didn't know what to do. "I need to be there! She needs me!"

***
Eventually the paramedics arrived. Grace was pushing the baby out. "Come on Gracie. One more push and she'll be here."

Grace finally pushed her daughter out. She wasn't breathing or crying. "M-Mum?"

"Shh it's alright."

Grace was in tears. "My baby. Make her breath!" She screamed.

***
Grace and the baby were rushed to hospital. Grace had been haemorrhaging. Rachel went with her.

The baby had been rushed to neonatal. Grace had to go into maternity. Rachel stayed with her the whole time.

***
Eddie went to explain to Shannon. Shannon walked in. "I heard what happened. Are Grace and the baby okay?" She asked.

Eddie sighed. "Grace delivered a baby girl weighing 3lb 1oz. It's not looking good for the baby," he said.

Shannon felt her heart breaking. "How's Grace?"

"In bits. She's scared she's going to lose her daughter."

***
Grace was awake. She held the blanket that her daughter had been placed in when she had came out. "What names do you have for her?" Rachel asked. 

Grace smiled slightly. "Aubree-Rose Millie," she mumbled.

***
Rachel went to inform Eddie of what was happening. Grace grabbed her phone and text Tom.

Aubree-Rose Millie. 3lb 1oz - G
Is she alright? Will she be alright? -T
Hard to know. She's so small. You just focus on Ava and Aiden. I'll look after my child - G
Grace please. I'd like to meet her - T

Grace didn't reply to Tom's text. She turned her phone off and cried. She didn't want to lose her baby girl.

***
Tom arrived at the hospital. He went to the maternity ward. "Grace Mason."

"Room on the left."

Tom went into Grace's room. She was sitting up in bed. Rachel was with her. "Tom. Hiya."

Tom smiled. "I couldn't stay away. She's my daughter."

Rachel nodded. She showed Tom a picture of the baby. "She's beautiful."

***
Rachel went to get Grace some clothes. Tom sat down with Grace. "My three kids are all A names. Aiden, Ava and Aubree," he said.

"Cool."

Tom sighed and took her hand. "Look Tom, I don't want you back. You're free to be with Shannon. I've got someone better."

***
When Tom had gone, Grace grabbed her phone and text Max.

I've had my baby. She's really unwell :( - Gxx
I'll come and visit as soon as I can. - Mxx
Can't wait. I miss you - Gxx
I miss you too - Mxx

Grace smiled and began to drift off to sleep. She knew her little girl had a long way to go. She just hoped she would survive.