two

GRAYSON

Life is like a road with no lights, you don't know whether there's going to be any bumps, sudden turns or even a dead end.

It's scary if you think about it, anything could change in the dead of a second- and you can do nothing about it.

What you once had control of, just as quickly as you did- you don't. It's almost like it's a mirror, something you can see, but never touch. Just out of reach.

Of course you can touch a mirror, but your not really touching what you see. You just touching a plate of whatever a mirror is made of- I don't fucking know.

"How you feeling today?" Miles asks, leaning on the bonnet of my car. The cigarette hanging from my lips holds a small trail of smoke as I turn to face him.

"I don't need you to act as my fucking therapist, if I say I'm okay- I'm ok," I shrug my shoulders, these past few days haven't been the best but I'd never admit that.

Miles sucks in a breath, running a hand through his blonde hair, "I know Gray, but you know I care for you right? Just want to make sure your okay."

Anthony snorts from the other side of the car, a bottle of something which I expect isn't water sat in his hands as he laughs.

"Gay."

"Shut the fuck up. I don't see anyone checking on you," I snap at him. And besides, I don't understand what's wrong with being gay, if you like someone you like them.

That's it, nothing else fucking to it.

Miles laughs for a split second, shaking his head as he watches students huddle together to enter the school.

The school he doesn't even fucking go to, he goes to some different school but seeing as his doesn't start till later- he just hangs around with me.

Langston High was once funny, but now, it's shit. Ever since we got a new principal, he's been stupidly obsessed with trying to get the school 'back in shape.'

Which means, giving out more detentions, and getting people to wear a shitty school uniform. But no one really wears it, only the teachers pets and kids who are to scared to get told off.

Which is why I'm stood in a pair of black airforces, hoodie and no blazer- simply because I couldn't give a fuck how many 'bad points' I get and how many detentions I have.

I've gotten past that point by now, simply because I've worked out there's not much for me here. Or anywhere really.

I worked that out when I was younger and looking after my younger sister.

The bell rings, signalling the start of the school lessons, but seeing as we just skipped form there is a chance we're going to be stopped two seconds in.

"What do we have first?" I ask, looking at Miles who I know will definitely know- simply because he knows this stuff.

He's memorised my timetable, simply because he was bored and I was high at the time.

"Sex Ed," He answers back, and I send him a little smile to let him know I'm thankful. But it's replaced with a scowl as I remember it's Sex Ed.