twenty-eight

BRIELLE

It is December twenty fourth bitches.

It's been a week since Grayson took me on a date to New York and we practically explained our whole life story to each other.

Ever since then, we've been doing our own things.

Kind of.

School finished five days ago, and it's officially the winter break. Leo and Astrid have come round multiple times, while Gray sits in his room and reads.

Only until he invites his friends round in the evening and they all get hammered, excluding him. When he walks into my room at around two am, he isn't stumbling or anything.

I'm pretty sure he's trying to prove to me that he will stay sober at parties so he can look after me. It's really sweet.

And tonight, I am officially letting him look after me. Yes, I'm going to get drunk. Well not drunk, but have maybe one or two drinks but that's it.

But not too drunk, it's christmas tomorrow after all.

"What do you think a boy would like?" I ask Leo, narrowing my eyes at him.

His face screws up and he glares at me, waving his hands up and down his body several times as if to say 'I am a boy.'

"Depends what type of boy they are," Leo shrugs, looking around the christmas shop we're currently browsing in.

If any season is my favourite, it's Christmas. Even though I hate the cold, the lights and presents definitely make up for it.

"Well, he's a hockey player, athletic, moody," I trail on, running my finger along the blowup Santa Claus on the shelf next to me.

Today, seeing as Gray and Ben are currently hockey training as they both want to go to some college near Boston. And for that, they need to have a scholarship.

Even though, because Gray is a Valente he already has that scholarship through his mum- the disgusting woman who should be in jail- he said he wanted to feel like he deserved it instead of just being given it because of his name.

"That's tricky to work with," Leo grumbles, furrowing his eyebrows as his eyes dart around the shop trying to find anything for me to gift Grayson with.

Who knew shopping for a boy was so darn hard?

"He likes reading," I add, and I lift my head up remembering we passed a bookshop on the way here.

Me and Leo came to the mall, to buy christmas gifts for people. Astrid was supposed to come, but she ended up ditching us for some girls she met from another school.

Leo wasn't very happy about that.

"Buy him like a book club membership or something," Leo supplies and I burst out laughing.

"I'm sorry but no, Grayson would never go to some club that doesn't involve having girls squeal at you wherever you go."

"Or something that doesn't involve being athletic," I add, raising an eyebrow.

Picking up a snow globe, I spin it around in my hands a few times watching snow fall over some kind of grandma.