four

BRIELLE

The diner was busier than anything I've ever had to deal with before.

I mean I've only been here a since last week but from past work experiences, I've never dealt with anything that busy.

But at least it meant I got a few personal tips. Which were from a bunch of old men, pervs.

The smell of food fills the kitchen as I continue cooking my grandma's dinner as she sits in the living room watching Family Guy.

"Dinner!" I shout turning back, watching the smaller frail woman pause the tv.

"Need help getting up grandma?" I ask, dishing out some soup for her before placing it on the table in front of us.

"No child," She waves me off, but I go by her side anyway.

"If you call me grandma one more time then I will knock the word out your vocabulary," A stern look plasters over her as a finger points in my face.

"Call me nona," I nod before stifling a laugh helping her into a chair.

I only laugh before hearing footsteps thud throughout the bungalow.

My brother walks in ruffling his brown hair before squinting his brown eyes at me. Well he's my twin, but whateves.

My mum walks slowly behind him, grabbing ahold of his arm as he brings her into the small dining room.

"Hey nona," Ben mocks sending me a cocky grin, which I don't return. Mostly because he's a dick a lot of the time.

"At least someone appreciates me," Gran- Nona speaks pointing towards the brown haired boy, who is sadly related to me.

Me and Ben look nothing alike. Except from the brown eyes and brown hair, but instead of me,  he got the very tall and muscular build.

While I got the opposite.

"I do appreciate you, I just forget sometimes," I shrug handing her a bowl full of soup.

"Remember it," She answers almost instantly, watching the small skinny woman with a very thin face sitting into a chair a few down from her.

"Yeah Brie, remember it," Ben laughs, mum joins in and I squint my eyes at her. But it doesn't make it stop, it only makes her laugh more.

Bitch.

If only I don't look exactly like her, except from the meth-head part obviously.

But we have the same eyes, hair and even the same freckles. I resemble her, and I'll never be able to get over it. It's one of my many regrets in life.

"Did you get the uniform dad sent?" I question starting conversation between me and my brother.

He nods, "Yup, and the new iphone."

I roll my eyes. I couldn't give a shit if he got the new iphone, I would give a shit if he stole my books again.

"Why weren't you at school today?" I ask again, sliding a bowl across the table to my mum making sure I don't even send her a glance.