11. NOT MY TYPE

Author's Pov :

Flopping on the bed, Ha-Yoon let her tears fall down as she sobbed uncontrollably and hugged the pillow nearby. She felt her heart clenching and her eyes shedding nonstop tears.

Rubbing her eyes, she kept them closed missing her parents, who might be calming her down if they were here with her.

A small sound from her phone made her take it out from the bag she was carrying and looked at it to see a message from someone she wanted to stay by her side.

Someone with whom she wanted to easily walk down the streets without having so much to think about, call them whenever she wanted, let him drop her home until her entrance, make him chat day and night with her without her uncle checking up on her.

As much as she wanted to just open the text and talk to him, she can't. She doesn't want to let her feelings take her best and blurt everything out before she could get hold of herself. Turing off her phone, she wrapped the hoodie much tighter around herself and cried herself to sleep.

'Why can't my life be like other teenagers? Why can't I just confess my feelings to someone I've been loving? Why is love so bad to the point my uncle might kick me out?... Why?... Just why?', her mind brought out all the hidden questions her mind had and placed it in front of her as if it was something so normal to do. 

It felt like all the happiness she felt reading those romance novels were now turning into small drops of sadness inside her.

More tears flowed and they kept flowing until she went into a deep slumber. Leaving his message on read.

--

"You alright?", Jungkook asked as they walked side by side with their hands intertwined.

"Yes, I am.. Why?", She looked at him and gave a forceful smile.

"Because your eyes are puffy and your face looks bright in a bad way. As if you had been crying", She shook her head and continued to look forward without saying anything. "And yeah... I wanted to ask you something". Nodding her head she looked at him again just to have her heart do somersaults.

"Ask..", She said.

"Will you be my partner during the carnival?... It's alright even if you don't want to", He bit his lips in a nervous way as he slowly rubbed his nails on his nape.

"Sure... What made you think I wouldn't?", She said.

"You did not reply to my texts last night. I texted you to tell you about this and thought we could chat for some time but you left me on read", He said.

"I'm really sorry I didn't mean to, Jungkook... It's just... You know. I was tired", She felt guilty now for just looking at his texts and hugging her phone close while sleeping.

"Is it your uncle again?...", He Asked. Ha-Yoon looked at him for a while and shook her head. "Don't hide it... But it's alright. Everything will someday get better, Ha-Yoon", Jungkook said as they reached his house.

Her eyes started to get glossy when he said those words along with her name. As if he was trying to soothe her down even though he doesn't know how to calm someone down. Before they could enter his house, Jungkook closed the space between their bodies and hugged her with his hands resting on her lower back. Ha-Yoon was beyond shock but loved the way his touch felt.

Ha-Yoon didn't know she was in need of one before he shared his warmth with her. Hugging him back, she rests her head on his chest and lets out a sigh with tears trailing down. Hugging him close without thinking about anything, she closed her eyes and listened to his heartbeat as the people passing by gave them a look.