16. THE GUTS

Author's Pov:

Sitting on one of the tables in the library with the novel named 'The half-baked love story' in her hand, Ha-Yoon tried to concentrate on getting her thoughts about what she did yesterday after she got drunk. Each look from Jungkook was making her flushed because of the way his cheeks turned pink when he is around her.

She could see Jungkook being shy around her as he always touched his red ears with his lips being pursed. He drove her to her home in the morning after she woke up in her school uniform all messed up as it reeked of alcohol. His wordings were small and full of wave as if his voice was a wavelength.

Her head was bursting like a hammer being hit on it continuously. 'Fuck! I shouldn't have drank that much', She thought.

She really understood now why people used to act totally different when they wake up after having a nice booze. Ha-Yoon thought that it was some kind of acting they came up with but she was so wrong.

Closing the book after reading till the chapter where the male protagonist tells his college friends about how he met his first love, she made her way out earlier than usual and took her phone out. Ha-Yoon so desperately wanted to meet Jungkook and ask him about her condition but she was embarrassed to do that.

Looking at the notifications which didn't disturb her during her time at the library because of the silent mode, she pressed on Hobi's contact which Jungkook gave to her before dropping her to the library.

<={Heyya...
Dad and mom told me to
Spend more time with
You. When will you
Be available?}

Well... Ha-Yoon's uncle and Hobi's dad are childhood best friends kind of thing. With them being shifting from one place to another, that lose each other's contact but because of the youngsters meeting yesterday night, they got back to how they were before. And for her uncle and aunt, going out with Hobi will never be a problem.

{So, you only want to spend
Time with me cause your
Parents said so?😒}=>

Within few minutes of her text, Hobi came online and quickly texted back.

<={OFCOURSE NOT!
I would still wish to spend
Time with you even if they
Don't tell me to}

{Well... It sounded like that}=>
{I'M JUST KIDDING!
I knowwwww}=>

<={😅... So this Saturday
Sounds good?}

{Sure😊 text me the details
Later}=>

They both exchanged goodbyes and Ha-Yoon reached Jungkook's house early than usual. He was at the Café as his shifts end in the next half an hour. For a second, her heart hoped to ask him about Jungkook but she decided against it. Sighing, she knocked at the door and it was answered by Ms. Oh with a mask on her face and a side bag on her shoulder.

"Good evening, Aunt...", She greeted and the older lady smiled brightly at her.

"Good evening to you too Ha-Yoon... You are early today", Ms. Oh said making her nod.

"I wasn't feeling like spending more time on the library cause my head is aching so badly... I didn't even see Jihoon yesterday properly or I don't even remember", She laughed at the last word.  "... So I thought I could just visit him early and spend more time with him".

"You are lucky that he didn't go to school today otherwise he would've been sleeping at this time", She replied.

"Why, Aunt? Is he sick?", She instantly grew worried for him.