24. ACTIONS NOT WORDS

Author's Pov:

Ha-Yoon was lucky enough that she had less than two days to tolerate the shit in her house before finally leaving Gwangju for her sister's marriage. Of course, her aunt and uncle will come there but she will be surrounded by her cousins and parents thankfully. Her exams went well and Jungkook was one of the top students from his university. Since the day she fought with her uncle and aunt, Ha-Yoon made sure she left the house as early as she can and had dinner only when neither of them was around.

Her life was now like a boat where the left side holds the island with calmness while the right side is a jungle where she has a low probability of coming out alive. Being in the last year of teenage, she was quite sure which route to take and it was ahead. No left. No right. Just ahead.

Just forward where her parents are.

Whatever she did in life, Ha-Yoon felt guilt. From getting a membership at the library secretly to working at Ms.Oh's house, she felt really guilty for hiding these things with her uncle. Out of all these small unnecessarily guilty actions, she felt adored and carefree when she was with Jungkook.

Holding hands, intertwining their fingers, the small caress on the chin or cheeks, gentle caress with their orbs, the shy smiles, and the way they kiss with only their lips and nothing else. 

Never once she felt guilty after their relationship started. 

"I never thought that a love can be this strong where you keep zoning out every time you talk about him, Ha-Yoon", Jimin said as they sat in the back seat of their classroom and the teacher was assumed to be absent.

"Me neither... Heck. I didn't even know that I would end up with my crush in the end. I... I don't really know but there is something between us that is always pulling us together", She said looking elsewhere with her brows furrowed and a small smile on her face.

"That happens... Maybe? I don't really know", Jimin chuckled not really knowing how exactly love makes him feel.

"You will experience it once you meet your soulmate. Don't find it. Don't try to look at people with love in your eyes when they only have envy and lust in theirs... Just... Just wait and you will also know what it exactly feels like", Ha-Yoon looked at him before tightening her high ponytail.

"Amen...", Jimin earned a slight slap on his shoulder from a frustrated Ha-Yoon. "So...?... You finally aren't scared of your aunt or uncle now?".

"Scared?... Maybe a little? Because, whenever he stays quiet for a long period, there is something huge coming on its way. It's like an eerie serene before the storm arrives, Jimin", She did a small tilt with her head, showing that she was used to it. "Whatever... Are you coming to the marriage of my cousin?".

"Why not?... But tell me one thing. Why are you the one who is so excited about your cousin's wedding? You don't even like that cousin of yours", Jimin asked. Ha-Yoon has supportive cousins, but the one who is getting married now has some issues with Ha-Yoon for unknown reasons.

"I just love to look forward to an occasion where I would dress myself up for a whole lot of food for free", She shrugged. 

"You are weird actually", Jimin squinted his eyes with a smile on his lips.

"Thank you for your compliment, shorty", Ha-Yoon ruffled his hair. "By the way... I'm thinking of going to Jungkook's house directly today because I need to try the contact lenses I bought".

"No library, this evening?", Jimin asked.

"Nope... I borrowed a few books for the whole month actually", Ha-Yoon replied.